Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity85

Making a Landlord Hood

Simplicity85
It seams to me every one needs a hood for a LL or a Allis has any one ever though about making one? My grandfathers Buddy Dose a lot of work with Iron Im going to see if he can fab hoods up But hey we will see. Let me know if any one has made one on here Thanks Jace

jb3179
Hope im not chiming in out of order since im the new guy here but if this is the model landlord you are talking about this may be a cheap hood option. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/2023601588.html

jb3179
Well thank you! By the way my uncle owns a sheet metal fabrication shop with heavy industrial capabilities. Of course cincinnati is pretty far away from most of you guys, but i know he could make landlord reproduction hoods no problem. To be honest he has metal breaks that will handle up to 1/2" plate steel. Im sure it wouldnt be cheap to make specialty hoods but with enough orders it might be possible.

dentwizz
Id be interested in someone fabbing up a seat deck for the round hood unit. The outer fenders are fine but the deck they bolt to cracks really bad.

perry
i have had hoods and seat decks listed on ebay in the past for as low as $5.00 starting bid. the hoods sell once in awhile but the seat pans dont sell too good so i quit listing them .

dentwizz
I personally am hesitant to buy a used seat pan because of the age/fatigue issue being similar to what is already owned. A new one on the other hand would be jumped on faster than pirranahs on meat:D