Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

515 Loader and L12 Loader projects

D10-Allis

Picked this 515 loader up in July of 09 the day I brought it home I had the loader taken off and the Sears was kicked outside until a buyer took it away. Loader body was complete and not hacked up. All subframe connectors and pieces I had to make and I found original wheel adapters on ebay, made up an idler arm and added a idler wheel, one new hydraulic hard line and hydraulic hose and it was operational.

wasn't till this year I had some sheetmetal bent and Tig welded up the box myself, and added 100 lb.of steel plate.

Dec. of 09 I picked up this L12 Loader and its been sitting in my garage until this Nov. when I put some time into it.

Again needed some sub frame connectors so I made them along with the wheel adapters

needed to buy a new pump, make a pump bracket, bend new hard lines, make loader arm pins and bought the roll pins for them, also welded the control bracket back on.

Made up another idler arm and added a wheel, made a new tank topper and needed to make up the front axle hardware.

added new hydraulic lines and good to go.

Only took a year.dOd
  • Like 2

Nice toys! Awesome fabrication work. I can turn a few wrenches, but the guys that can fab items like you've done make me jealous. Excellent pictures to boot ......

Jeff. You don't really need two loaders. Pick the one you want to keep and I'll be up next week to get the other one. LOL Dave.

Nice saves, the tank vents are a stock item that are found on an allison automatic trans at least on the Oshkosh versions leastways. Nice fab work too btw! What size tires and rims are you using?

Didn't need 2 loaders but the wife 0:) didn't say no and TOLD B) me to go get it. tires are 10.5 Carlisle super lug, rims are 7" and 8" maybe, still need to split and weld a set of rims for the 10.5 Firestones. Have another project turning in my head but still thinking on that one.....D10

Nice work. I like that round cross brace. I believe I know where it comes through, but could you post a close-up just to satisfy my curiousity. Hope you can join us in Hutchinson next year. They are featuring GTs.

acken - on the flathood tractors the round cross brace goes thru the large holes in the side plates for the BGB and rear end.

The first picture is the one I made, the uprights are square cornered and not 90 degrees plus like the original.

Original one below

copy

Original

• 9 years later...