Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montgomery-Wards

JordB110

Jordan, drove my ole truck to Fairbanks yesterday and had a wards jump in back and hitch a ride home. Its a Gilson breed and pretty easy to tell there is NO,Simple tech involved in it. so far any wards, gilson I've seen the easiest first clue can be if the seat lifts forward off the fenders it likely a gilson. if you can find the model # on the tractor it will start with Gil.......Best thing I see on the 14 hp I brought home is the starter-gen and the briggs engine which is the 32cuin,same as my B-112. If I get the hydrostat workin I might make a blade tractor out of it.. good luck,,MPH

I found a Wards 16 for sale with Vari-speed. Was this made by Simplicity? If not, who was it made by? It sort of resembles a Simp. but I wanted to make sure. Thanks, Jordan.

Jordan, made another trip to Fairbanks 204miles, today, when I got home the nite of the 8th I had a message, my first reply to a wanted dead or alive add I put in the paper up there hopin to scare up a couple AC's I've heard are around town. Well, it was a 16 hp wards 1977,,model 83183A, with a tiller with 90%paint still in tines mower, blade and spring ttooth harrow, Hydo lift and hydrostat drive with hi-low range, selling point,,,Carlie lug tires like I just spend 180 bucks getting to Alaska for my B-112. Engine has a knock, the guy rod, sounds to high up to me for that, thinking,,,hoping tappet might be rispin, I just got home so have't checked it out yet,for 150, I've spent more than that being stupid in a nite when I was younger.. Let me know if you got the one you were askin about,,,MPH Oh I was wrong about the seat lifting forward as quick way to tell, this one lifts like a Simplicty. and I've never seen any AC or Simplicty newer that the B series, I'll post a photo to help you out when I get my photo pt deal rt agaain..