Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

2210 Landlord trailer cart wheels

We are the original owners of the tractor and all of its attachments, since new. It is a Simplicity trailer, but the wheels do have pressed-in grease fittings, unlike all the rest of the attachments and the tractor itself. I find it odd. Oh well. Who knows?

I was just curious about something. I was greasing the tractor the other day. When I greased the wheels on the trailer cart, I yanked out the grease fitting on one of the wheels. I discovered it was pressed in. The hole isn't threaded and there's no square edges on the grease fitting to put a wrench on (I ruined the fitting anyway, so it doesn't matter). I was just curious why they used pressed-in grease fittings on the trailer wheels. I was thinking that they must've been made by an outside supplier. I'm going to have a friend tap some threads into the hole and put a new fitting in.

bobjack
Hi Barry, AS mr. Rogers says,"Can You Say "CHEAP""?? Just a guess. Is it a Simplicity cart? I would not expect Simplicity to use press in grease fittings. Possible that even if it's a simplicity, some one put different wheels on it. I'll do quick and dirty repairs on anything that I don't like a lot or use a lot -- especially if I think it's on it's last legs. I looked in the registry, apparantly you are one of the few that owns a 2210. Course, most visitors don't make entries in the registry, I hadn't til recently. I recommend it though, as another source of contact. bobjack

JordB110
I own a 2210, a B-110 the AC version. I've never had it running for more than about 5 sec., so I can't really comment on what great tractors they are. But I'm sure they must be since they are AC/Simp. Have a good one,Jordan.