Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LONG TIME OWNER OF 1690086 OR 7016

nevergetstuck

I finally retired to work with a the great lawn machine 7016 simplicity. The cold michigan weather helped me destroy the transaxle. I like to make more improvements as well unload a short block 16hp briggs and other stuff. I like to read your forum story's and trade story's. Can you tell me how to become a clubhouse member. Don R. South Branch Mi since 1980.

so what rearend you have in your 7016 I might be able to help you out here. If you dont mind a drive to get it and all. And yes its cold here in ohio to. BTW welcome to the club.

Check out the Simplicity dealer below. They are not to far from you and I have bought quite a bit from them. They have alot of used tractors way out back and there prices are cheap. Ask for Jerry Willard he is an owner and is very easy to deal with. I know there was Simplicity built Homelites there in the Spring with the rearends that you emailed me about. I also sent an email to you earlier today with some information that you were looking for. 255 S M 33 WEST BRANCH, MI 48661-9799 Phone: 989-345-3128

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
so what rearend you have in your 7016 I might be able to help you out here. If you dont mind a drive to get it and all. And yes its cold here in ohio to. BTW welcome to the club.
Pretty sure the 1690086 is the 3 speed manual. Same number as mine. Great tractor, love mine.

Thank the members on receiving me into the club. nevergetstuck, I was asked this question. Does any one know. Will a six speed work as well as the three speed and what body etc modifications would have to be made.Don R at diffrerentstrokes@yahoo.com sm01sm01

Welcome to the club! The 6 speed will work without modifications. Your best bet is to find a tractor that has it in it so you can transfer the stuff. It is the same 3 speed transmission with a extra set of pulleys. One on the BGB and the other on the transmission. It won`t go any faster than you 3 speed but you will beable to slow the ground speed down. It is basically like a hi-lo in each gear. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/ http://simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1978/16_%26_18_hp.htm

Welcome to the club! One of my favorite used parts dealers is in Marlette Mich. He is known as Joes outdoor power on Ebay, he has a lot of parts on hand.