Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gypsy Wagon

AGCO918

i made a mini haywagon for halloween last year, to give the kid's and their parents rides around the neighborhood. the tongue and front wheels pivot together. which it appears yours does dutch. anybody know a technique for backing these thing's?

Put yourself another hitch point on the back of the wagon and you could tow your porta potty too! No need to go back to the house for that either. Ha Ha! SmilinSam

Sam, I am going to install another hitch, to pull another tractor & cart or a push mower. To support my wife's belief that I am an animal, I have no use for a porta-potty when the woods are right there. Just like a bear..!

DUTCH : AS ALWAYS YOU have something very neat. i think that is cool as all get out.you need a seat for your wife and a built in sink with a tank under the wagon to wash your hands when you get dirty.keep up with your great ideas and put a patent on something a make some money off your talent so you can buy more tractors.hahah agco918 chad e shafer

Backing up a trailer with pivoting from axle just takes lot's of practice. I got fairly good at backing up a semi truck with a pup trailer in the wheat fields, but then there wasn't anything to run in to :-)[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

When I was a youngster on the farm I could back 4 wheel wagons half across an 80, still have a hard time with 2 wheel ones. lost those brain cells along the paths of life to try and explain how to do it now,it was just one of those things I grew up doing but haven't done in 30 years.. Sure is a fine lookin set up you got going there, moght need a wood stove pipe out the side to make a real gypsy wagon..MPH

I learned to back hay wagons on the farm. It's real simple, turn the bottom of the steering wheel the direction you want the wagon to go. Just don't turn too much at a time.

Dutch, Is the overhang for the top beams on back so you can hang a porch swing on them? Looks like the bed isn't quite wide enough to hang a hammock.... Kent

Wish you had a cup holder..? Ever been on the far side of your property with your tractor and need a tool..? Ever have to go back to the garage to fuel up before you were done working..? Can’t find your gloves..? Or worse, your wife can’t find her clippers..! When I bought my latest tractor, a dump wagon was part of the package. The wagon is similar to one sold by NorthernTool. Since it only tilts, but does not dump, and since it is virtually impossible to back up, I think it’s rather worthless for its intended use. But, it is very well built. I decided to put this wagon to use, so I installed a modified shop drawer/shelf unit and built a wooden rack. Friends say it looks like I’m pulling a Gypsy Wagon. But it’s great. The wife and I have our own drawers for hand tools, parts, gloves, etc. And as you can see, I carry rakes, shovels, chain saws, a string trimmer, straight and mixed fuels, and a bunch of other stuff wherever the tractor goes. Plus, I have room for a big cooler and lunch box (sure beats a cup holder). http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/wagon-seq.jpg

Not only does she walk, but it's 10 steps behind..! Well, maybe 5. Would you believe 2..? Actually, she sits in the house and issues her commands via cell phone.

Just caught my eye Dutch, on the first pic looks like your muffler point up-ward like a funnel, is this stock???MPH

Marty - No, it's not a stock muffler. It's a generic replacement. The engine is a K301, and the exhaust comes out on an angle. The muffler is pointing up because that's the only way I could clear the hood and the air cleaner with the pipe fittings I used. Don - What kind of idea did it give you..? Are you going to become a Gypsy..?

Hello Dutch, Wagon looks great, but I think you need to swap the plow for the mower deck as that lovely green stuff is getting long.