Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Penfield Illinois Show

Les

I was glad to hear that the club picnic was a sucess. I am sure that club members are anxious to hear more details. I wanted to attend, but it was a 7 hour drive and I just couldn't take time off work(I was still mixing oil at 6:30 Friday night!). Also, I had several neighborhood graduation parties to attend. John(C-IL) has informed us that there will be a show at Penfield, IL on July 12th through 15th which features Allis-Chalmers. Penfield is just north of Champaign, Illinois. I am planning on going down on Saturday, July 14th. Is anyone else planning on going? Also, I would like to organize a motorcycle trip to visit the factory at Port Washington, WI. Any interest?

Yes I plan on attending. I will be there on Friday (yes - DOH !!) the 13th. I have a family reunion on Saturday or I would plan to meet up with Les. Steve

I'm planning on a Saturday trip there with some of my other Garden Tractor cronies if all works out. The show was listed in the "Old Allis News" which I got in the mail Saturday. I wouldn't mind going to Port wWashington, but I sure ain't ridin' no crotch rocket. Sam

Sam, I said MOTORCYCLE! aka GOLD WING! Harleys are OK if you just have to make a lot of noise and show off(I suppose some people just feel the need), just quiet them down a little. Somebody needs to sit these crotch rocket kids down and explain to them that, what you do in private is your own business, you dont go around in public with your butt sticking up in the air! This is a real problem! Somewhere in Japan there is a bunch of guys laughing their heads off because they got a lot of American kids to ride around with their butts up in the air! ITS AN AWFUL TERRIBLE HORRIBLE THING! And it needs to be stopped!

I'm just not a cycler, I gotta have 4 wheels. At least you take the refined approach to traveling on 2wheels. Around here it seems most are in it for speed or noise.

Hey Les, I will be down there!! My dad's motorcycle is being revamped be me and I don't have it all together so I guess 4 wheels is my only way!! I am starting working at the Simplicity dealer in Morris today so if you are in town stop by sometime, -BradW

"I learned that I would rather discuss Bolens than ..." "Yep, at least one could put a Bolens to work for the common good."

Sam, a year or so several posts were made about how great Bolens tractors were. In my less than tactful way, which I readily apologize for, I sort of made it clear that if people want to discuss how great Bolens tractors are they should do it on a Bolens web site. I enjoy this site very much, I want to see it remain fun, positive, and enjoyable. I get a very upset when I see negative posts. I think that political posts are innappropriate. And joking post are GREAT! We have too few of them. Personally I must say that I get enough stress at work, dont need any more during my free time.

Ah, the lights are on again! At least I was on the same page with your Bolens/polotics comment, I was being a smart ellick too.... but in the reverse.