Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I learned something new

Earlier today, I was listening to a radio show about the upcoming McVeigh execution. A guest stated, “The key to a successful execution is to keep the condemned calm.” WOW..! I always thought an execution was successful if it merely resulted in the death of the condemned. Just goes to show, you can learn something new every day.

Kent, Perhaps I should not have made this post, but I was thinking about your “Off Subject >> How America works... “ post when I heard the radio show. I believe both demonstrate the lack of personal responsibility in our present society. I was going to delete this thread upon reading the language used in the reply you edited. I suppose I could have been accused of depriving that member of his “Right of Free Speech.” Now, you can be accused. Sure, we all have the “Right of Free Speech,” but that’s where personal responsibility comes into play. I use coarse language, but not any time or any place, and not in this forum. You make three excellent, logical, and succinct points. The only problem is dealing with “Freedom of the Press.” The media’s lack of personal responsibility has repulsed me for many years, and there’s no end in sight. Perhaps it is time for concerned Americans to contact their representatives and repeat your views. Surely, “National Security” could and should take precedence. In such cases as the McVeigh execution, a news blackout could be imposed until after the sentence was carried out. I agree, I come here to discuss tractors. But, let us not stick our heads in the sand and ignore the reasons we enjoy the freedoms, which permit us to enjoy our hobby.

just got an e-mail forward from my niece "bad American" that would fit right in this post or the off subject Kent posted. I haven't a clue how to attach it. I must admit these been remotely related to tractors directly, but just the same, if we don't Take our country back, we will no longer be able to have these ole tractors...MPH