Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler guys in the know...

Burntime

I have a fuel pump from a kt17 and then one from a single cylinder kohler. Are they the same fuel pump just orientated a quarter off? What I am asking is the kt if mounted would flow left to right, while the single is front to back...

I cant address your entire question... but ... I am somewhat sure that the K series fuel pump will pump back to front... (as per allis tractor) or maybe more accurately stated... from flywheel side to shaft side or if looking at the fuel pump when mounted the flywheel is on the right the flow is right to left ( <--- ) oddly enough... I dont think one even needs a fuel pump for these Ive bypassed mine and they run fine

Is the pump operation arm look the same? If it does, then it would be worth a try and if it works, then great. I do not know for certain, but would think the manufacture would not make different pump flow rates for similar engines. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish
oddly enough... I dont think one even needs a fuel pump for these Ive bypassed mine and they run fine
Next time I have problems with the pump in my K301 I am doing the same. Dont know about KT's but the K series all use the same pump.

I have a KT fuel pump, and I looked at it closely for someone who needed a pump for a K series. I do not think they will interchange. Now, that being said, the diaphragm and internals may swap out? Didn't get that far into it.