Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JCP more pics (link added to T/A resto)

hotwire

Nice pictures, you cant post too many by me. :D I like the early 7000 hood and lights, like my 3300 and 3400, but my late 7013S is one my favorites. Super tractors.

Very nice! I would like a JCP but won't go the route of making a fake. You could repaint the wheels and get new decals and it would look like new.

The Pennys are intersting. Only one I ever saw up close was a frame with no tranny or front axle and just a stripped hood laying on it. Even better in your pics is the 77/78 Trans Am! I had a nice one a number of years ago. 77 T/A S/E Black with all the gold striping and bird, ws6 etc. Sweet sweet sweet! Only had 50K on it. Should never have sold it, or at least thats what I keep telling myself..

Tractor is cool, 'Bird is better! Sam - when I was about 10 back in the early 80's, a family friend had a very nice real Bandit Edition T/A that I got to ride around in. Even had the factory CB! They sold it after a couple years. Good memories, cool cars. Tim

one of my all time fav movies! Mine needs alot of work but slowly and surely getting closer to something that will resemble "trigger" i know we all love pics..... heres a link to my T/A progress to date http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/Stonewall61/ "The fact that you are a Sherrif is not germain to the situation" "The G D Germans got nuthin to do with it!!" Gleason was absolutely brilliant in this flick! Sam..... your's was the real deal man. Awesome ride. mines just a clone.

Nice progressive picture gallery. Did you have to contend with the usual rustouts in the rear spring support platforms? As nice as mine was it still had started to rust there. I wonder oif the make replacement instrument panels in the gold wash like the original S/E's.? Pontiac reallly had a nice looking rig with all the gold detail that the normal T/A's didnt get. Gold honeycomb wheels, dash, headlight surrounds and steering wheel spokes. I could have lived without the T-tops though. Leaked like sieves, even with all new rubber seals. Mostly where the wiondows meet the tops. S/E hardtops are quite rare though. A guy I used to know had one and I think he said there were like only 300-400 made. Not sure, but I think they made a Red one that had the same gold trim too. Those were not bad looking either.

quote:
Originally posted by TimJr
Tractor is cool, 'Bird is better! Sam - when I was about 10 back in the early 80's, a family friend had a very nice real Bandit Edition T/A that I got to ride around in. Even had the factory CB! They sold it after a couple years. Good memories, cool cars. Tim
Factory CB. I had a friend years ago that owned a '78 Grand Safari. The mid-size wagon, fake wood trim and all. I asked him one day why he had two antennae, one was the one molded in the winshield, and the other was on the fender. He pulled the mic out of the glove box and showed me. The CB even still worked. Yup am, fm and cassette, and a 40 channel cb.

What year is that tractor? It seems JCP was ahead of it's time rating the engine @ 494cc metric wasn't that widely used back then was it? 494 cc = 30.1 cu in. 15 hp?