Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bevel gear box parts

albj93

Hello everyone, I'm trying to order parts for a B-10 bevel gear box. Apparently, Simplicity in their infinite wisdom has discontinued the shaft seal on the drive belt side part #2154278.:(!:(! They have the seal available for the Vari-drive bevel gear box part #2157669. Does anyone know if you can use this seal for the non Vari-drive application? Or, Does anyone know of a replacement for the seal? Thank you, Andy Waldorf Md.

You would have to get seal dimmensions and I could check the timken catalog at work but im sure somebody around here has done this already. Hope they chime in 1

Hello Andy, I THINK #2154278 has been superceded to PN# 2157669 or 2157669SM, The last one I got was a National # 450223 I think. I'LL go to the shop tomorrow and can check on that,, or take your old one to (Berry Bearing)- Motion Industries Good Luck..

154278 has been superceded as stated to 2157669. Here is some on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-157669-Oil-Seal-Bevel-Gear-/170578932056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b74bf158

Thank you all for the help. Jack's did not show the 2154278 number was superceded to 2157669, it just stated no longer available. Thanks again, Andy Waldorf Md