Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117H Pics

78kitty

Here's the Simplicity 7117H with Hydraulic Lift I just got. I got it cheap as not running and jumped on it b/c I've been looking for a newer model Sovereign hydrostatic with hydraulic lift. I knew it wouldn't be really nice, but unfortunately when my brother & I got there there some bad things~ no air cleaner and the seller it wasn't on there when he got it and he'd used it three seasons when fuel pump quit and it's sat 2 or so years since. Next bad thing was the HIDEOUS trip-hazard hillbilly hitch on the front. And if it's not bad enough they WELDED it to the frame! Luckily they did a piss-poor job welding so it's gonna suck grinding it off, but could be worse. Some PO also removed & lost the points cover. It still baffles me how people get these quality built and relatively expensive machines then treat them like junk cutting them up, losing vital parts like an entire air-cleaner assembly etc. The last thing I didn't discover until I got it in the garage and the snow melted off. I knew the deck was rough, but thought it was maybe salvageable. Well after the snow melted I saw HUGE holes all the way through the top. That was due to sitting outside with the coveres off the spindle belt and all that mud / grass sat there rotting right through the metal. No biggie, I'll just have to source a replacement deck now though. Anyone got a nice later 42" deck around Cincinnati!? :p On the bright side the motor wasn't stuck and after I got it running (battery, new OEM fuel-pump, new plugs, hillbilly carb rebuild {rebuild but kit I got was for original carb and this has a newer Walbro WHG with plastic float on the bottom of fuel bowl is engraved "new 04-16-1996 $124.00" so I couldn't put the new float needle & gaskets on}, and sanding ignition points) it runs pretty darn good and should be great after I put the new points on. The transmission and lift see great with no leaks. I even got the headlights working with minimal effort (a little sanding and relocating the ground wire). I bought a replacement air cleaner assembly on eBay, and am also adding a rear-lift I got from CaptainWheezy. I bought a rear utility light at Pep Boys, and am going to fill the tires with windshield washer fluid. Notice no air-cleaner!! :(!

I believe this is the early Series 2 that has the pressurized lube but not the full pressurized lube system. The dang Kohler tag is almost impossible to read. I can't even make out the Spec #, but I believe it might be 24343?

This seat's gonna need some attention!

Soon to be sporting rear lift!

The model is 1690571. Anyone know what year this was made?

I almost can't believe this is welded on here!

Think I can salvage this!!!? :o)

More unnecessary hillbilly welding & fabrication XX(

As discussed in another post this model has no drain for bevel-gear box. Have to remove the cover & buy a new gasket each time.

Notice the new Wix filter with service date written on it after hydro oil change.

Thanks for the comments. I got the hitch off tonight after LOTS of angle-griding and cut-off wheeling. I also put the new points on, fluid filled the tires with 7 1/2 gals of windshield washer fluid, installed & wired a rear-worklight and mounted the snowplow. On the bevel-gearbox drain. I'm debating on taping and installing a pipe plug drain when I remove the cover to change the gear oil b/c I'm a fan of changing the oil in them yearly or so just to be safe 8D. Plus I think I already have the taps from when I gutted & plugged the EBPV on the turbo pedestal of my PowerStroke. The Cougar is a 1968, which is the 2nd year they were made. It's nothing special, just a 302 2v auto with 90K miles. It does have factory-A/C, console, rear defogger (fan mounted in trunk). I've had it since High-School or almost 1/2 my life now and luckily the PO & I had the sense or at least lack of money at the time to not hack it all up so it's almost completely original.

Yep, a few hours with a grinder and cut off wheel and that will look much better. I agree, you basically have 3 spindles at best in that deck...:D

Look at the bright side, that deck has to be one of the lightest decks out there. Real easy to move around and mount. :D

Hey I salvaged a gas tank. Might as well make somethin cool outta the deck. Id try to make a pull be hind mower outta it

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
i LIKE THE cOUGAR
dOddOddOd I like them old Cougars and the Thunderbirds from that era.

This BGB is out of a 1997 Sovereign. No drain plug here and my 7116H and Deutz Allis 916H doesn`t either. Not sure when they started doing this but it was in the 7100 series.