Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
78kitty

My 3415H

78kitty
Here's the 1st Sovereign tractor and 2nd Simplicity I bought. After buying the 5216H I realized that although it's a really good lawn tractor I really wanted a Sovereign garden tractor. I called an ad on Craigslist for a Sovereign tiller even though I didn't have one yet! I really lucked out because the guy said he was cleaning out his barn and the tractor, which was in pieces, was next. I offered and we worked out a deal to buy the whole lot. He even later threw in the dozer-blade I think he was going to keep & modify to fit one of his other tractors. It was a true "basket case". As you can see in the pics it was in pieces. The bevel gearbox went out and when he discovered the gears and other parts to fix would be about $400 he opted to try & find one used. As you can tell he never did find a used one or put it back together. Even though the parts were in 2 boxes and 1 horse feeding bucket I found pretty much everything was there & was able to get the tractor back together. After some work I also got it running and it ran amazingly well since it sat in a horse barn approximatley 10 years! Currently it's apart again (STILL C) while I replace the bevel gear box seals to hopefully seal a very minor drip (done), fix / rebuild the limited slip diff {I think this was monkeyed with and put together incorrectly resulting in it have a 'drag-car like spool' or both wheels locked}, and put new seals in the hydrostat. Saturday April 25, 2009~ Just unloaded! Dusty tractor fresh off from 10 years in a horse barn in 2 main pieces 2 boxes and 1 horse feed bucket of parts, 48" mower deck, rear mounted tiller, and 42" dozer blade

My friends almost MINT condition 7116H with about 350 hours (if the non-factory hour meter under hood is accurate). I went to look at how his tractor was set up (and drool over how nice it is) the day after I got mine since I'd never worked on a Sovereign before.

May 31, 2009~ Using my 1948 Ford 8N as a 'tow-truck' to move the donor / parts tractor down to my Grandpa's where I work on stuff.

My brother with the tractor in background and the donor / parts 1971 Sovereign 3314H 'tweener' tractor from Michigan in foreground

My son at 1.5 years old on the Regent I was fixing for my Uncle. He's a tractor nut like his Dad. If I have any of the tractors out within sight or earshot you better take him for a ride or he'll throw a fit! I talked my Uncle into selling the Regent. There is no roller bar to stripe with (I think it was optional though) and there isn't even a way to raise the deck so if you go up onto a concrete driveway or something it bends and eventually breaks the front wheels off the deck. No offense to any owners of them, but that tractor is shoddily made and shares little to nothing with the higher-end Simplicities or the heavy-made models of yester-year.

July 26, 2009. Is it really back together & about to be driven!?

My brother making sure I'm not screwing anything up

My Grandpa watching to see if it will actually move under its own power!

Deck back on ready to lay some stripes!

Welded up left rear hub like later models

cojo92
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Nice Find! You just can't kill these old tractors. In my opinion, the 3400 series with Vickers hydro is as good a GT as Simplicity built.
Agreed!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this