Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 carb

driver2186

hey guys just really lost here i did a rebuild on a carb on my b10 and put it back on the machine then she popped twice like she wanted to start but didt. i dot know what to do with her now she just wont start, what should i do

Some basic questions are in order to get you started with your troubleshooting.... Did it run before? If yes then it should run again. If no then you need to go deeper into it. Did you touch anything else besides the carb? If yes, then what? If no then it's the carb. Is there fresh fuel? Make sure there isn't any water in the fuel. Drain the tank and the carb and start with fresh fuel. Is the fuel shutoff valve open? Is the fuel filter clean? (replace the filter anyhow, they're cheap and cheap insurance against contamination) Is the float properly adjusted? Try pouring some gas down the carb and see if it starts. If yes then it's a fuel delivery issue. What did you do on the rebuild? New float valve, needle valve, or jet? How did you adjust the jet? That should get you started....

Clean your points,most non start problem with a B series will be the points Check the gap and run a dollar bill between then to remove any oil or dirt. Do the easy stuff first.

I'd start by checking to see if both gaskets are in place. If so, do you remember how you set the float? If you set it level or just a little lower than level, the engine should run. If you set it too high, it will flood easily, and will not start. Are you getting fuel to the carb, does it run over when you turn the gas on? If it runs over, your float is too high, causing the flooding issue. If it is set too low, you will not be able to get enough fuel into the engine for it to run, no matter how much you choke it