Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B 212 stripped diff gears

blaster182

Hello all, I have a AC B 212 with stripped gears in diff that go to axles, planetaries are good. Does anyone know where I can purchase these gears or know the part numbers? Thank you!

X 164219 for sure, I will have to take a better look at it tomorrow are both gears identical or is the rh side gear part of the drive hub? Thanks

There is one on the hub and one on the axle shaft. 164219 is keyed for the axle. On some of the hubs they were pressed and some used roll pins.

Items For Sale or Wanted Belong In The Classified Ads Place an ad in the classifieds. There may also be some on ebay. The hub assembly with bushing is available new at the link below for $186.70 the part number is 164214. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm

For the price of the new hub you should be able to buy at least 2 used diff assemblies (e-bay perhaps), also the new style hub is different than those used by the older tractors. No provision for limited slip unless you change the old diff to the newer style which utilizes shimmed springs to accomplish limited slip.

It will fit but it won't have the 2 bolts that you need to set the limited slip on the diff, so it'll be like an open diff, non-limited slip. You'd need to swap the entire differential to have the limited slip function also some of the hubs have a longer tube on the outside which means you need the later series axle shaft as well.

I've had the new style hub without the extended tube, wish I had a photo but it was some time ago. Most of the newer style hubs will definitely need the longer axle without question.

so one from a B112 will work then .and And are these easy to get off or is it a job to get them off never have had to pull one yet. And for a good working one will they pull off the axle in 1 complete hub. or do you have to tear them all down to get them off?

quote:
so one from a B112 will work then
On what? I don't know when the right hub was redesigned with the tube on the outside just that they were later. If your careful yes you can remove the left hub and slide the axle and diff off, though you'll most likely have to give the diff a helping hand (hammer)to get it off the axle tube. If you were going to use the diff from a 112 on a 212 yes it would be fine, if that's the answer to the question!

I have a B 212 w/adj diff just looking for gears that will fit. I can purchase gear stock and machine to fit but, just looking to save time, before I comit.

• 2 weeks later...