Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower Idea

BrendonV

I've been thinking. Has anyone ever thought of adding a snow blower on the front of a tractor, powered by it's own engine? I was thinking of picking up a snow blower, gutting the wheel drive system, and mounting it on a hitch for the front of the tractor. That way you can creep around at idle, pushing the blower around not wearing your engine. I am just thinking this because I bought an immaculate Landlord 101 last fall, and want to keep it pristine while still using it. Or should I just deal with it and get a blower attatchment?

Sounds like to much work when it's not going to hurt your tractor to use the one made for it. Your old Briggs was made to be worked, work it......

Me thinks that'll be too much weight for the front spindles when the blower is raised. An ATV with suspension will handle more weight than your LL

I thought about the weight. But think about a johnny bucket, or bucket loader. I thought maybe it'd be easier to take on and off as I like to use the plow for cleanup too. Is it a PITA to take the factory blower on and off? Maybe I need two. Just trying to shy away from that this time around.

I might do it just to say I did it. :D But in your case I would not if you want to keep your tractor pristine. As stated, if you hang that much weight on the front, you will have spindle problems eventually, as well as hard steering. Then your going to have traction problems as well as problems lifting it with a manual lift. Next you could add weight to the rear for traction, and counter weight to the rear lift to solve the lifting issues. Now your going to eventually have problems with axles, hubs and axle tubes running that much weight on the rear. Not to mention running the risk of cracking the bgb or frame running that much weight on both ends. Where is your pristine tractor now ? Just my opinions for what thats worth

The factory blower only has 1 more pin to mount than the factory plow. Unless you have a remote angle plow then its the same, plus slipping the belt over the engine pulley. With a little practice, you should be able to swap from blower to plow or vice versa in under 3 minutes. As for the weight issues, the johnny bucket doesnt lift all that much unless you counter weight the back, and the bucket loader has a full frame added under the tractor

You could always mount the motorto the front sitting on a guide wheel so only the blower raises and lowers. Where theres a will there a way!:D:D:D I agree the simplicity snowthrower is the way to go but it sounds like a neat project...

Use mfg# 990519 at the Briggs manual site: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 and you'll get the operating/parts manual for one of the several single belt blowers for a FDT.