Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Had to blow my Plow Guy out with my T12

gjh

Another snowstorm in Boston. 12" by me in the North burbs. 2-3' drifts. I have a guy do my driveway cause it's over 300' long up a hill with snow that blows off the ocean. He usually makes one pass during the night if alot is expected and has me clear enough to get out with my Land Cruiser. Got up at 5 this morning and scoped out the snow, dicey to get through even with my beast of a truck, so waited till 6:30 when he came down my drive way with a headwall of 5' of snow in front of him. Then it was over, his 2500 6X got high centered. He was trying to dig it out with a shovel. I couldn't pull him with my truck cause he was on the other side of a massive pile of snow. I got my T12 out & blew 90% of it, right up to his plow in about 20 mins & we got him out. Needless to say he & I were very impressed with the Homelite! Luckily it wasn't the typical wet concrete snow we get quite often. I though I was gonna blow her up running a full throttle though the first full swath cut; but she just keeps on going! Great machine; now imagine what a 16hp would do!

Although they do blow at full throttle some of the times, they should never blow up because you're running at full throttle, they are designed to be run at WOT actually. But yes, it is incredible the snow these tractors and throwers will move!

A 16 horse throws quite far! This is what these tractors were made to do. We got 12 inches in Foxboro and my yeoman with blower went through it no problems...knock on wood for next time. Lol :D