Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

If its not one thing its another

Seems like this whole day has been on issue after another with the 2210. 1) AG Tires still need chains. Tractor got stuck, had to pull out with my truck and a chain. I tried to plow without them and the tractor would hit ice and just skid. Not pleased. I put chains on the tractor, one side came loose and dented the crud out of the seat pan. Had to fix that. I HATE CHAINS, seems like every winter they damage something. My tiller bracket is all bent up from earlier in the year. 2) Had to re-adjust all the belts, they are new so not to surprising. 3) Yoke fitting came off the hydro lift again, had to loc-tite it back on. Well see how long it lasts this time... 4) Left tire went flat. Probably my fault from when I was trying to break the bead to put the ww fluid in. Hope slime will solve its problem :( 5) The nut fell off the steering gear that holds the steering link arm on. I only noticed when suddenly there was tons of play in the steering wheel. Had to take a nut off a parts tractor and put that back on. 6) Nut fell off the light switch, switch fell inside the dash. Can't turn the lights off now without fishing it out and replacing the switch. 7) My rigged up choke cable broke, the 16HP carb was to far forward for the cable to reach so I used a wire crimp connector to hold on an extra peice. Need to try and find a longer choke cable some place... Thats just tractor issues :P Doesnt count the other tractor thats now stuck behind the house, getting both 4x4's stuck trying to move them, so forth, and so on :( Its been one of THOSE days. I have had ENOUGH of winter. Anyway, my point of this post was to see how everyone else fared with their tractors, are non-stop issues pretty common or did I just have a rough day :P

Well, as long as all your days aren't like that... Ya gotta watch them chains though, bungee them, cut out links, deflate tires when installing them... whatever it takes. And, you still need to keep an eye on them. IMO chains are the only thing that really work on ice and snow.

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Well, as long as all your days aren't like that... Ya gotta watch them chains though, bungee them, cut out links, deflate tires when installing them... whatever it takes. And, you still need to keep an eye on them. IMO chains are the only thing that really work on ice and snow.
Wonder if they make studded tractor tires...

went 3 hrs up in to michigan in a snow storm this morning to get a 7116 in very rough shape but it came with a soft cab that made the hole trip worth wild all the way up i said this is crazy going this far for a tractor but you know this is what we do for our passion and ill do it again and be just excited as the last time i think i bleed orange.

quote:
Originally posted by mortation Wonder if they make studded tractor tires...
I'll bet someone does, and if they dont I know people who have screwed a thousand little sheet metal screws into the tires and made thier own. I think commercial tire services can stud any tire with thick enough tread, and I'm sure their are more options. I'll stick with chains, at least you can get them off in a hurry! LOL

alright, been great until... last cutting in fall.. .416 get frozen throttle ... bust the new cable clip... ildle through the job put in barn... stilll sittin now last week... another foot of snow... (had a couple times of a foot already) try to drive van with fuel to barn... get off the drive.. stuck... get tractor to blow out.. get stuck (chains and weights).. get neighbor to pull van out.. put tractor in barn... decide to blow again... get stuck again... realize.. flat driver front tire... cant get out of the trees... push out and put in barn... blast heat at tire and fill... I wont go out there until I ablolutely have to.. I wont even tell you about the ice on my head!! I fix em', make em' look pretty ... then I use them!!! Not necessarily in that order....

Only way to put chains on is deflate the tires, put on as tight as possible and reinflate. Bungee cords are something you fid on the side of the road up here all winter, they all loose their bungee in the cold. Had a set of regular chain cords when I first got the 725, my first tractor, gave up on them the first time it dropped below zero. Chains that are on the B-112 haven't been off in 3-4 years, use it with blower every winter.

That's my normal day except my 712H is the only thing that doesn't give me a problem. There I said it let the problems begin should have knocked on wood.

quote:
Brett, give up the beam and drink some eagle rare or knob creek. It is better yet!
GIVE UP THE BEAM? NEVER!!!Beam is the nectar of the Gods. Unless it's Pendleton Canadian.