Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

Blew a tube, now Ugly-A is the snowdog

dentwizz
My 9hp just blew the axle tube yesterday while plowing. It has been running like a watch ever since redoing the valves, Magnetron8D and transmission pinion in the summer. When I did the transmission I inspected for tube cracks and found a hair of one starting in the keyway. I ground it down and filled it with a very hot weld, ground it smooth and figured it was good. Apparently not. At least I found one on ebay for $140 shipped. In the mean time I have to use my standby tractor, the Allis b210. Good runner but I am not sold on the variable system yet. The eventual plan was to have a blower on it to take advantage of the variable speed, but my job has been falling way short on the pays. That leaves it as a plow tractor with the 46" dozer. That brings to the question, has anyone used a variable for dozer? If so, what are the most successful tips/adjustments to make on it to get the most "oomph"?

JimDk
I pushed snow with my B-112 for several years. I don't recall that I used the vari-drive to change speeds. I plowed light snow in 3rd. gear, heavy in 2nd. You will need a good belt and correct drive adjustment for pushing heavy snow. If the B210 drive is in decent shape, you should not notice much difference from your round hood.