Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some Night Shots

larry8200

larry nice pictures there. But that is way to much snow for me by all means . keep up the good work there keeping it cleared up

quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Wow you have ghosts that drive your tractors for you! Now why didn't I think of that!;)
No one will go out and run the camera, of course I'M already out there.

I gotta ask, I have never tried to lift implements on my 64 landlord and now am going to put hydro lift on it. I like the looks of the stinger but dislike the extra distance it adds to the rear. How much does it really help? Would a spring assist help as much?

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I gotta ask, I have never tried to lift implements on my 64 landlord and now am going to put hydro lift on it. I like the looks of the stinger but dislike the extra distance it adds to the rear. How much does it really help? Would a spring assist help as much?
It definitly makes the blade easier to lift. It's probably counter balancing 75% of it's weight, enough to make it easy to lift but not much down pressure without pushing on the handle. OK for snow. Also, the stinger doesn't increase stability like weighting the wheels does. The added stability the 25 pound weights on my 3416H provide going across slopes is amazing. Fluid in the tires would give the best possible center of gravity. The tractor, plow, and stinger probably weigh in at 700 plus pounds? Forgetting the stinger in a sharp turn or backing up could have serious consequences. On uneven ground or pushing snowbanks the lift handle can move around with some vigor. Well, there you have it, with barely 1 month expereience on foot draggers. :D