Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Getting Ready!

Chris727
Getting tired of winter. Spent most of Sunday getting the B-110 ready to push snow. Supposed to get 12 to 25" or so. I'm wishing I had something setup with a blower on it:( I have a JD walk behind blower. I'm worried that niether machine is right for the task. Really need the blower on the sovereign but this will have to do. I was having no luck with the 10.5" ag tires so I traded out for 8.5"s with chains. When I went to swap out the tires I discovered the side BGB bolts had come loose. I decided I needed to pull the dash to see if the 4 front BGB bolts were loose. Had to thaw out these three just to get room for the B-110 in the shed so I could dig into it.

I had these 75lb weight sitting on the floor for a few years and figured now was as good of time as any to try them out.

Here she is all ready (minus the 42" blade)

Also have a stinger weight for the rear. I was going to put headlights on but things ran too late to get it done.

Chris727
Good eye Tim. Thats a 1971 Sears Hydro-Trac 14 Suburban. Top of the line in its day. Mike, the reason I don't use the others, is that most of the ones in the shed are broken down for some reason or another. Once a person gets over 10 of these tractors (let alone the over 30 sitting here at the house) its difficult to keep more than a few going, especially working full time. I would like to have used my Sovereign but I didn't have the right chains for it.

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Those old Roper/Sears tractors were some decent machines in their day. I had no idea they had a hydro either. I noticed it by the shape of the rearend.
Yep the hydros were rare. In 1971 that tractor sold for $1394.90 with a 48" deck. http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/Hydo_Tracs.html As for the B-110, sometime this summer I plan to pull all the BGB bolts and put some 271 loctite on them, I know I also use this tractor a little harder than intended.

Sign in to follow this