Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Getting Ready!

Chris727

Getting tired of winter. Spent most of Sunday getting the B-110 ready to push snow. Supposed to get 12 to 25" or so. I'm wishing I had something setup with a blower on it:( I have a JD walk behind blower. I'm worried that niether machine is right for the task. Really need the blower on the sovereign but this will have to do. I was having no luck with the 10.5" ag tires so I traded out for 8.5"s with chains. When I went to swap out the tires I discovered the side BGB bolts had come loose. I decided I needed to pull the dash to see if the 4 front BGB bolts were loose. Had to thaw out these three just to get room for the B-110 in the shed so I could dig into it.

I had these 75lb weight sitting on the floor for a few years and figured now was as good of time as any to try them out.

Here she is all ready (minus the 42" blade)

Also have a stinger weight for the rear. I was going to put headlights on but things ran too late to get it done.

Good eye Tim. Thats a 1971 Sears Hydro-Trac 14 Suburban. Top of the line in its day. Mike, the reason I don't use the others, is that most of the ones in the shed are broken down for some reason or another. Once a person gets over 10 of these tractors (let alone the over 30 sitting here at the house) its difficult to keep more than a few going, especially working full time. I would like to have used my Sovereign but I didn't have the right chains for it.

I have caught those tranny bolts on the BGB loose more then once, try to check them at least once a year now as I use my tractors likely a bit harder then intended.

Those old Roper/Sears tractors were some decent machines in their day. I had no idea they had a hydro either. I noticed it by the shape of the rearend.

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Those old Roper/Sears tractors were some decent machines in their day. I had no idea they had a hydro either. I noticed it by the shape of the rearend.
Yep the hydros were rare. In 1971 that tractor sold for $1394.90 with a 48" deck. http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/Hydo_Tracs.html As for the B-110, sometime this summer I plan to pull all the BGB bolts and put some 271 loctite on them, I know I also use this tractor a little harder than intended.