Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ahhh, I love the smell of snow and bidding panels

Burntime

in the morning!:D Dusted off a decent 4-6 inch powdery snowfall this morning and off to the allis auction. I hope everyone stays in bed today!:D:D:D Tim, if you read this, see you there.

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Not any margins yet. Over 900 bidders and at least 3 dealers here.
The bargins may be slim, but I'll bet the portable hamburger shack is pulling in a fortune.:D:D

Darn phone likes to change the words...margins were high! Bargins were low! Some goof from Ill with bidder panel 265 stole my snowthrower that I won. Took all the hitchs to my snowthrower, his snowthrower, and all the spare parts and lift rods on my pallet. Then he left whats left of the snowthrower head that he paid almost twice as much for. Good news is I signed an affidavit that I believe he stole my snowthrower, they have video cameras and will review the description to confirm it, at least I got refunded my cash. How much you want to bet they are charging his credit card:D I doubt I will hear anything but at least Karma will bite him in the tail. I hope the bearing fail, the auger is bent, and he finds a large chunk of ice under the snow that finds his picture window.:D:D:D Sad people would stoop to that level.

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I hope the bearing fail, the auger is bent, and he finds a large chunk of ice under the snow that finds his picture window.:D:D:D Sad people would stoop to that level.
Reminds me of the time someone broke in my shop and removed my old lathe. All me and a buddy could wish for was that at some time, the new owner forgot his glasses and a chunk of metal found his eyes. Not certain if I was sad or angry. That was about 6 years ago, and I have been looking for another since that I could afford! Maybe the ice will also go through the window and hit the cabinet with his wife's wedding china?

Here it gets better. The guy is from Illinois, has a sunstar, and his sun has a broadmore. He was buying the blower for his son. Not paying for it mind you, just going to the auction. How would you like a piece of work like that for a dad. Steal what you can??? I bet he charged his son twice what he paid too. Karma will bite him but good.:D:D:D

Lots of bidders, deep pockets and crooks!!! I'm glad that was only a one-time sale. That was the first poor experience I have had at an auction. You absolutely needed bidding partners each with a plan and time to look over things if you wanted to get in the goods. These were already sold when I got there. Would have been nice conversation pieces.

When I bought my B-110 and latest B-10 a an auction I noticed when the boss man auctioneer let his son take over,he was running the bids up. The kid wanted to start the bid on the B-110 a 1,000 laugh and bid 100. he said with a straight face "It's worth it " So he started it at 100. he got a bid at 200. and my buddy said he thought it was the boss man bidding,I told the kid 230. was my last bid so if his boss really wanted it he could have it. I got the tractor for 230. I would have gone higher but not the way they were doing it.

Sorry about your experience Mike. It was well advertised so there was sure to be a lot of competition and high prices. The best way to buy items like these is to just look for old dealers that may have changed product lines and still have some old inventory to get rid of. then make them offers on stuff. I've even bought that same AC rust preventer right off the shelf. Pretty often stuff is pennies on the dollar, sometimes its fractions of pennies. Where I live, its rare to get a good, fair, honest buy at an auction. The auctioneers overhype the stuff. I've seen harbor freight tools that sell new for $39 bring over $200 for a used one. A lot of these people will stop at nothing. As for theft, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more, if even just out of confusion. Our local auction is bad at making the lot#s clear and they may bundle 5 or 6 junk items with 1 good one. Kind of hard to remember what "junk" items went with your good one.

Yep Chris, I go to an auction or two a month sometimes. This was just a bad apple. If nothing else its just fun to go to. Sometimes peanuts, sometimes shells...

Badger auction tried to tell me it was my fault. They did not want to refund me. When I asked her if she was ready to throw 250 pounds on her back and walk it to the truck half a mile away she said she could not. Well, neither could I, thats why I went to get the truck...