Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dav

rt hand lift

dav
i have the quadrant for a right hand lift for my B series tractors. i also have 2 left hand lift handles. (i scrapped the bent r h lever before i realized what it was) before i start hacking and welding on the l h handles, has anyone made their own rh lift setup? or tried to? advice and/or pictures would surely be appreciated

SmilinSam
I like using the lift levers off 707 and 717 Broadmoors or older Yeoman lawn tractors for the lever. They are already basically the same shape, the lower end where the hole goes is all that needs some fabbing on those. To me thats the easy part. The hard part is fabricating the quadrant itself if you dont already have one.

SimplicitySwede
quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
:O"Before I new what it was"... O my hope this helps. D10 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111680&SearchTerms=right,side,lift
your D10 makes me envy you lol. I thought about doing this with a landlord

dav
i took a trailer of scrap aluminum wire to a recycling yard. as i exited the scale on the way in, there was a pile of mowers and tractors between 12 and 15 feet high. part way up was a B-10, in very sad shape. it had been rolled over and dropped by the payloader. it had the lift pulley for a sickle mower, which i needed. the guy would not sell the pulley alone so i bought the whole, or almost whole, wreck of the B-10. not much was salvageable so i unbolted or cut and tossed into my scrap pile as fast as i could, trying to hide the evidence before "she who must be obeyed" found out i bought not just another tractor but a wrecked one at that. so that is why i did not know what i had. it was so bent that it was unrecognizable and unsalvageable, both. i don't think i have thrown out a tractor part since then, no matter how mangled or worn out it is. as to Marty's post in show and tell, i got part way thru it and will finish tonight. the article in the tech tips on right hand levers does not give any specific info on making one. i started on the fabrication last night and will post when done, with pics

dav
my mistake. the article by marty metioned the rt hand lift only passingly. Marty; if you read this, can you repost the pics of your lift please or just send them to my email. back out to 'tractorville' before the rain starts.