Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for the storm...

MDB

Man, I've wanted one of those BAD ever since first time I saw one! In the meantime I'll continue to "suffer" with this. At least its got a Briggs in it. :D

I dont know if I'd say suffer. That there generator of yours Larry uses about half the fuel per hour as the tractors. But the tractor generator are way cooler. Funny thing is I would never pay five or six hundred for a stand alone generator but I would for a tractor gen.

quote:
Originally posted by sovereign72
I dont know if I'd say suffer. That there generator of yours Larry uses about half the fuel per hour as the tractors. But the tractor generator are way cooler. Funny thing is I would never pay five or six hundred for a stand alone generator but I would for a tractor gen.
Actually, that there generator has a 13 horse engine, puts out 8Kw continuous, has skewed rotors that generate true sinusoidial AC current and cost just a leetle more than five or six hundred... At full load uses almost 1 gallon/hour

I could've had a portable A/C 8hp generator from auction today for somewhere around $600 and there sits two. Nice stuff Mike.

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
I could've had a portable A/C 8hp generator from auction today for somewhere around $600 and there sits two. Nice stuff Mike.
Man, and to think I gave 75.00 for mine:O:D:D Might have to think about pulling it out tom. and running it awhile since it's been maybe spring since I fired it up last.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Man, and to think I gave 75.00 for mine:O:D:D Might have to think about pulling it out tom. and running it awhile since it's been maybe spring since I fired it up last.
I got a 2.5 and a 5KW Kohler for $0.00:D:D:D

It's been raining and freezing here since 7PM it's 11:20PM now, suppose to keep it up till late morning. The schools are all closed for another day. My neighbors will think I'm nuts it I do what I'm thinking of doing. I might have to put my tiller on to brake up the ice so we can push it off. I'd need a trailer load of salt to melt it all. I'd wait for warm weather but it's not suppose to warm up for as long as they forecast in this area. Mel

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
I hope we don't need these...but just in case.
[img]/club2/attach/MDB/ready-1.jpg[/img]
Two of the show tractors ready to earn their keep.
Now that's just plain showin' off..:D:D The only problem with my backup gen is, it is all automatic and I don't get to go out in the weather to start it up...:(:( :D We're only getting snow so I don't expect to lose power. It's tuff for those on a well. No lights is one thing but no water is another completely.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts