Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Update on B-210 Vari speed drive ( found problem

Recommended Posts

I thought I had checked it out thoroughly when I pulled this drive apart ( wrong ). I took the rear pulley apart again and discovered my problem, The half pulley on the outside ( closest to the transmission fork ) slides on a driven slide spacer. My spacer was frozen in the pulley. I drove it out with a large brass punch, cleaned it up, oiled it and put it back together. It works real nice now but I do have an occasional squeal coming from that area. I am guessing maybe the sealed ball bearing ? The vari drive works well and tractor shifts without problems. I also readjusted the neutral safety switch like Kent suggested because this was causing shifter to not shift easily. I must say that working on the vari drive was easy and not one of those repairs that makes you curse. So far I am very pleased with my tractor considering when I bought it I was told by a mechanic who was the one selling it that it had a blown motor ( wrong ). Frozen exhaust valve, which I was able to free up. I rebuilt the carb, using the tips from " my notebook " ( Precision Engine Repair ). Cleaned combustion chamber while working on exhaust valve. new spark plug and it runs great, not to mention my custom JB Weld job on carb. I have adjusted vari drive, drained and replaced engine oil twice, bevel gear box, and transmision.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this