Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractors, Trucks, and Snow! Oh My!!

MarksA-C

Goofing around and having a blast in this blizzard of a storm. Its just starting to end. Got a but of snowblowing to do but had to do a gas run. The 101 is working good except the blower belt is stretched and slipping. No stores are open right now so I am going to try my best to tighten it to last a little longer. How much snow did we get? A lot... lets leave it at that! :o):D

This pic is from last night, a bit into the storm. The little Snowbuster 220 I had pulled from the curb on Monday, its buried now.

The snowbank buster. Plowed my own trail thru unplowed streets. The main streets are lined by 4-5 foot tall piles from the plows. Not a problem :D

Thats how big the snow is compared to the truck.

Wisconsin Hub Caps 8D

That's next to the garage, about 9". There were drifts about 2 feet or so at the end of the drive, and at the neighbors. The worst has passed, but we'll probably get flurries all day. They cancelled work!:J

Mark, by you they are claiming 14.6, worst since 1999. Out by me I think its a few inchs more. Here is a pic out my patio door and front window. Your gonna have to look past some of my picassos but you get the idea:D:D:D

Here's the pair that 'got 'er done!

I think it was too much for the 2110, though. After 5 driveways, I think it blew the head gasket, I hear a puffing under the hood.

Mark, I've had a couple of sets of those BF Goodrich tires on a few different trucks. Probley one of the best tires for all around use,off road,highway,snow,and quiet!!IMHO you may find you will get a better ride out of that truck if you drop your tire pressure.Don't forget its a radial and should have a slight bulge in the sidewall!! Richard

I broke 2 drive belts for the blower and then I gave up. I Think I'm going to look into a nice walk behind blower.

Mark, something has got to be wrong! You have seen my driveway. I had three drifts that were 5 feet high and 10-12 feet wide. It handled all of it and then some, and the belt does not even look worn. It has to be an alignment or bearing problem somewhere. Even a cheapie belt should last longer then that. Are you using old worn belst or something?

Probably a combination of them all. The belt seems as aligned as possible seeing how on this style hitch it bends all over the damn place. The bearings all seem ok, blower bearings are a little worn but not too bad. All greased up and what not. I might also have the belt might be a bit tight, a hair past snug. Overloading the blower, possible. Snows twice as high as the blower is, end of driveway plow ice slop crap, and inching in while in 1st gear. HIGH throttle too.

Watch the little L shape brackets on the idlers that keep the belt in place when not running, when the blower is running you have only about 30 degrees worth of travel to keep the belt from rubbing them or they will rub & wear the belt away.