Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower vs Yard stake

Brettw

Well, I found out this morning that a 36 inch single stage driven by an 11 hp Allis 810GT will not only chew, swallow, and partially spit out a sump hose, but will also half tear the pump out of the basement doing it! Lucky nothing damaged, and only a minute to unwind the remaining hose (the good 2" stuff). Somehow I knew I was going to do that sooner or later! Steve

It will make short work of a tarp covering wood as well. Did you know it can pull so fast that the wood holding the tarp down and spin and come at you? It also does wonders to kids toys, dog toys, and forgotten tractor parts. I have heard that if you get a large enough piece in there you can stop it dead. Not that I would know about that:D

Helping the neighbor on the first snow storm this year, and the kids left one of those plastic tobaggans burried in the snow next to the drive. Those chop and blow well too. 8D

I live in a rural area and sometimes the kids leave beer bottles on the side of the road. A year or two ago I hit a 12 pack of blatz that must have gotten pushed in the base of the driveway by the plow. I am clearing it and I smell beer??? What the heck? Well they must have dumped a 12 pack of cans and I found one cause a second or two later I get an incredible thump thump thump thump... Four cans came out of the shoot. Boy does it shake those babies up and beer goes everywhere! In the end friends don't let friends drink blatz. I tossed what was left, went in the house, and had a lienenkugels. :D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
...A year or two ago I hit a 12 pack of blatz that must have gotten pushed in the base of the driveway by the plow. I am clearing it and I smell beer??? What the heck? Well they must have dumped a 12 pack of cans and I found one cause a second or two later I get an incredible thump thump thump thump... Four cans came out of the shoot. :D:D:D
!!!LOL!!!

I,ve had some amazing things go through my blower with out hurting it, including a field mouse that landed 20 feet away, and immediatly ran off. Here's a peice of 3/4" lumber core plywood I "Blew" a couple weeks ago, the only thing thats ever stopped the blower cold. Didn't hurt the blower though. :D

good humor guys that was some good reading. Only time I ran over on of those fiberglass markers it got stuck in the auger. Then smart me shut off the tractor and pulled it out with no gloves on.... yup I got countless little slivers that drove me nuts for a couple weeks. I knew better just was not thinking

I hit a new low while snow blowing this morning. Apparently, a Hen Pheasant decided one of the drifts in my driveway was a good place to snow roost last night. I would have thought the noise alone would have rousted her before the auger sucked her in. What a mess.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Takes about 6 seconds to strip a bush of 150 minature Christmas lites with a two stage. Takes a lot longer to clean them out.
I forgot that one! Yep, its about the same timeframe to eat a 8x12 tarp!:D

The first or second snow fall I found a couple of my walkway slates the hard way. The blower actually broke one of them, didn't feel a thing. Boy was I surprised when I saw a couple of chunks of slate flying through the air, luckily the chute was aimed away from the house!

This morning was nuts I had most the driveway drifted over with piles 3 feet deep. I gave the machine a work out and am impressed with the little sovereign and I did not even blow a belt.... I sure miss my shaft drive Sunstar. otherwise The 75th sports a plow ang loaded AG's but is down on power due to some carb issues (see other post) but really pushes and I am amazed by traction... but most the time she just sits. The beast started winter with the 2 stage ariens but I kept having belt issues. Now that I got the front electric pto I will work on that setup this summer. So due to the belt issues beast now has a 42" single stager that I am very happy with. Keep the auger full and she blows great with the 6" pulley. For light snows I just plow. My other machine (yes 3 total sovereigns) sports the Ron special (16hp vaguard)and has a plow and vbar chains on 8.5 tires and NO power steering (others all have pwr). I am amazed how nice that vanguard is so smooth and way better on gas than the commands. If I had the time I would have prefered to set up this way: 1 machine with 2 stage ariens blower, 1 with single stage 42" blower, and 75th with plow. That way I could truely compare the two blowers. for the time I did use the 2 stage it was great just seemed to really suck the power from the engine. I think we all agree a single stage is easier on power. the sad part is I love all 3 but really must only keep 2. So I have the extra machine with the vanguard up for sale (with a high price hopihg it won't sell cause I lie kit}:). Not pushing sale now as I know summer is better and I have a tiller, bottom plow ... package to sell with it. The part that stinks is I really like that vanguard. However, I enjoy having two commands that way I can swap parts and look at one for reference as I fix things

yes those full cabs are nice... never would want to take it off hence why those guys dedicate it to snow only... that is untill they get a a/c for the summer

My idiot neighbor plugged his chute last winter then shoved a broomstick down from the top while blower was running at full speed--makes a great wood chipper!! And to top that he left a brand new 20' aluminum ladder laying in the tall grass beside the garage and ran over it with the mower deck last summer. Some people shouldn't be allowed around stuff like this.

Kevin cab was great, only used wiper a couple of times For cleaning out driveways I got cookies and a wedding invitation and when plow truck came past when i was gone , a neighbor came over and cleaned up end of driveway.