Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hotrodtractor

snow blower chute height upgrade

hotrodtractor
My single stage sovereign blowers have really short chutes. I recall reading that the older style round chute got better spread, but I am happy with my newer square style. What I dislike is the short chute length/height. For example the 2 stage Ariens unit I have has a chute a couple feet long. My neighbor has a Wheel Horse 416 and his single stage has a chute a couple feet long. The longer chute seems to help direct snow better and less blowing around near cab. Thank god I have a cab. Anyway I have not taken measurements yet have thought about extending the chute or adapting a Ariens/WH chute. Thoughts... any body tried it

Burntime
The older chutes do better. The taller you are talking about actually thin out at the top. Phandad has one on his blower and he did think it made much difference. I would have thought too, I guess not much.

Ronald Hribar
I was thinking thinking along those lines this morning when the blower disappeared in a drift. And the snow i was blowing was blowing straight across. The only option i had was to open up deflector so it blew higher I'm sure the neighbors do not appreciate my snow next to their picture window

hotrodtractor
rather than start new post I will continue here. In preparation for snow season I was thinking a bit more about my snow blower chute extension idea. Many other brands us a much higher chute on there single stage blowers. For example look at the newer Wheel Horse (WH)single stage and they have a big ole chute. My 2 stage ariens has a big chute with remote deflector and I may look into fabricating it to the simplicity single (at least stealing the remote deflector). There must be some gain by the longer chute as the old WH had very very short shoot then the newest has very high chute. And all new two stage have long chute..... but even new singles have shorter shoot? Would the longer chute just help with discharge control. I wonder if the longer chute would increase clogging as now mine has never clogged.