Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow...

PatrickE

With all the pending doom the news was predicting, I figured I would take off the mower deck and get em ready. All greased and gassed up.
[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snready.jpg[/img]
Found these flanges in the scrap pile at work, for a 3" shaft, they made nice wheel weights. No drilling required! About 35lbs each plus the ag's are loaded with washer solvent.
[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snhubs.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snweights.jpg[/img]
We only got about 6 or 7" but it drifted bad. Not hardly the 10-15" they predicted here. Got some good seat time tho, the ole 738 never missed a beat, had snow coming over the top of the blower sometimes. Still amazes me how well this thing throws snow. I have the skids down 1.5" to keep the stones from flying. Then I hit it with the 3416H with the blade to clean it up.
[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/sntruck.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snbroadmoor1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snbroadmoor2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snbroadmoor4.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/snboth.jpg[/img]

I only found 3 of them, if I had one more I would double them up. Couldn't beat em for fit and function. Especially for what weights go for nowadays.
[img]/club2/attach/PatrickE/sndual.jpg[/img]

We got another 6" today, more than we got for the 'great blizzard', and there wasn't any media hype about it beforehand. My son and I got some more good tractor time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • PGL
    • littlemarv
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts