Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

Southern Ontario Snow.

B10Dave
CWeather guy was wrong. Instead of 8 to 10 In. of snow we probably got 5. But the ENE wind was very strong. House faces east so this is what I saw out the front this morning.

The wind blew snow into the wife's garage.

Drifts were so hard I had to break down the high parts to blow them. Blower would just go straight in and top would not fall. On the smaller parts I could raise blower and then lower to finish but most of the drifts were too deep.

Broke chute rotater rod at the pin hole so had to re drill that and fish the broken piece out of the cable drum. Two an a half tanks of gas and a very tired operator. Might get the D14 out tomorrow to move last parts of rock hard drifts.

perry
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
C Two an a half tanks of gas and a very tired operator.
i hear ya there. i got 6hrs of blowing and plowing snow today. and still not done. BUT, i was cozy inside my cabs .....:p

Benn
where abouts in ontario are you located? i'm near kingston. had lots of fun clearing up yesturday aswell. my chute didnt bust, but when i went to start my B-212 i got nothing out of it, no hum, no click notta! so i ended up having to jump it to get it going, after that it was smooth sailing but there were lots of waist high drifts to tackle!

Karl_Brandt
Nice pictures dave, I think we got over 8 inches of snow in Fenwick...but very little blowing snow. Weather guy was calling for 12 inches of snow. I had my Massey Ferguson 1450 with snowblade out clearing snow and Allis chalmers 710 with snow snowblower also clearing snow. Last the mtd track drive snowblower to clean the snow in between the vehicles. Sorry I did not take any pictures.:( Karl

B10Dave
Benn, I am southeast of London. Karl, how did the peninsula miss the wind? We had steady 30 to 40 MPH wind with gusts over 50. Sure made a mess. Dan, no snow on car was the only bonus. Behind it driveway was almost clear up to the road but road had quite a bit of drifting. It was plugged solid half a mile south of me. Township grader went down about noon and then every hour till about 6PM to push back drifting.dOd Dave.

Karl_Brandt
Dave, The peninsula has some wind we had a gust of 30mph. The highway department is only down the road from my house....the snowplow goes by every hour or so. Last night we had blowing snow.....had several snow banks to clean today. There is coming down outside now, more tractor time.:DdOd Karl

B10Dave
:(! Went out to shop after lunch today to do some more on my trailer. Hint of snow in the air at that time. When I came in for supper we had more snow on the ground than we got for the supposed blizzard on Tues/Wed. Fortunatley no wind. I guess the BigTen will earn it's keep again in the morning. In the last pic the path across the patio was bare when I went to the shop. Dave.

Sign in to follow this