Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ace Hardware "A.C. yellow" spray paint

Allis_HB112

I was informed that SOME of the Ace Hardware stores handles Allis Chalmers brand yellow spray paint. Any more specific information in this would be appreciated. I'm set to go with Cub Cadet yellow, but have held off.

I just bought several cans from Ace Hdw. for my B10 attachnents,tiller and 42 mower deck that I am restoring. It sprays good and dries fairly quick.

Hey this is great to know. I was always led Catepillar Yellow was the way to go. We have an ACE nearby an I'll be giving them a call.

I've been buying Allis Chalmers Orange Gloss from ACE hardware for the last 5 years. It cost about $4 per can compared to the Simplicity dealer which was about $9 per can 5 years ago. I have a can sitting in front of me right now. Its called ACE RUST STOP Machine and Implement. Comes in 15 oz. wt. It appears to spray on thin and takes longer to dry, IMO. So you have to put on thin coats and wait longer between coats to prevent running. I don't remember that problem with the paint from the Simplicity dealer. It may because it has rust inhibitor in it. The colors are perfect match, IMO. I was in ACE store yesterday looking to see if they had any encapsulated paint or chip guard paint that I plan to use on the bottom of my deck tractors. The encapsulated paint binds to the rust and seals it in and gives a hard protective cover to prevent damage caused by rocks and sticks. ACE does not carry any brands. While I was looking, I noticed the yellow cans for some reason. ACE Rust Stop comes in several different colors, I have not took the time to see all they carry. On the back of the can, where the bar code is, there is a number identifying the paint. I think it will match up with the number that a dealer would give you, but I am not positive. Hope this helps, MR

I've looked at every yellow around, and felt the Magic brand Cub Cadet yellow was the closest. I've looked at J.D yellow and J.D. heavy equipment yellow, along with Cat yellow. Both are way more brown than my HB-112 was. I don't have an Ace hardware close by, but I will make some calls to find one that has some available, or is willing to get me some. mroman, THANKS for the can info.

Wayne ACE hardware may have a website and you might be able to buy what you need online. If they don't list it on their website, you might give customer service a call and see if they can put it on so you can order it and have it shipped to you. Mike

I have used the ACE AC Rust Stop Orange with very good results. Very close in color for my 6216. Good coverage, rather fast dry, and good gloss. Found it better than about 5 other paints I tried. Since local ACE carries it, works well for me. Not sure on the yellow, but the orange is a go.

I have been using "ORANGE ACE" for 2 years or so.This is the actual color name on the can. It drys almost instantly and hardens to a nice gloss. However the black gloss from ace hardwear takes days to dry. The fellow in the paint dept there told me the is a different ingredient in the black which delays drying. I will check on the Allis yellow and see if is available here in New York state.

Could you give a bar code number for the AC Yellow color. I checked an ACE store today and could not turn up the color you talked about