Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Michiganmobileman

Field improvised winter carb cover

Michiganmobileman
Tuesday morning blowing out the neighbors drive was the first time I had a problem with freeze-up of the carburetor on my 7016H. Throttle stuck wide open making the first pass through the drifts so I kept it full of snow till I could get out the side then killed the engine. Chipped the ice off around the carburetor then went back home and did this

with a piece of aluminum coil stock, a few rough bends here and there against a straight edge and a slot for the carburetor bolt to clear. Not fancy nor pretty but kept me going the rest of the day. Might even try to improve on that with a piece of galvanized or the SS I still have but not til summer, it stays for now. About 12 inches, some blown away to nothing and some big drifts, I spent about five hours altogether, this was end of the day, love the cab:D.

And it beat being stuck in the house with the wife all day;). Greg

RayS
Looks good to me as well and better than spending a bunch on the original. I have a couple sets of the originals but like what I have below in the picture. It is cheap an effective. Blew snow for 3 or 4 hours the other day and didn`t have a problem until I hit a 2" thick phone book8C.

Sign in to follow this