Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What snowblowers are compatible with my 3410H?

subzero350

Hello, I have a 1972 Simplicity Landlord 3410H I inherited from my grandfather a number of years ago. He used to have the snowblower attachment but got rid of it before I got the tractor. I have the 42" blade now but this 10" of snow + ice we just got this week gave this old girl all it could handle. I would really like to find a snowblower attachment for it but I need to know what I should be looking for so I don't end up spending money on something that doesn't work. Can anyone tell me what model number snowblower attachments are compatible or can be made to work (even with a little modification) on my 1972 3410H? I had the engine rebuilt in this tractor a few years ago and it is up in power just a little bit (probably 12hp or so now) so it might be able to handle something bigger than the 36" blower attachment the owner's manual says only works for the LandLord (book says you need a Sovereign to run the 42" blower). I also do not have the PTO unit that mounts to the front shaft of the engine that my grandpa said he sold with the old snowblower. Is this needed for all snowblower attachments? Or is there a model that runs off the PTO that drives the mower deck and tiller? Any and all information anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Check out the link below. Most all of 36" & 42" blowers will work. Most listed use a 7" pulley and that is what was used on the blower for your tractor. The blower housings are the same you just need the right hitch, engine PTO and pulley on the blower. http://simpletractors.com/what_fits/snowthrowers.htm

I dont have a blower myself but from reading these posts I think the consensus is 10hp is alittle low for a 42 inch blower. I know from experience my 3410H which is fresh and a good runner seems alittle under powered with a 48" inch mower deck. the hydro eats up more power than other drives. whatever you get just be aware. I am bought a 3515H to use with attachemnts and am rebuilding the motor. I will probably put the 10 on the shelf as a spare.

I would probably get a 36" blower. I would think you will be happier with its performance with a 10 horse motor. I have a 7116 and it handles the 42" blower but I would not say it is overpowered! Ray is spot on in his advice.

Thanks for the great amount of information. Now I can begin my search. I do have one more question. As Ray said I'll need the PTO to put on the tractor. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of this? (103250 PTO Kit)

I would go with a 36" on the 10hp. Below are some manuals on the front PTO. One is in the back of the snowblower manual. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEBGP_fqN6tG5EPa7mRgtLvBCd6 http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arIYrE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Thanks, Ray! Those manuals really do help. I've found quite a few snow thrower attachments for sale on my local craigslist; but it does not appear any of them are being offered with the PTO - which I'm going to need. Was the snow thrower attachment the only one that used the front PTO? If so, maybe I can convince the seller to give me that with the purchase of the snow thrower attachment...

They had a bunch of different hitches for different model tractors. After they changed from the 36" blower in the 60`s (in link below)to the newer style they were basically the same housing to present time. There may have been slight difference here and there but I believe the blower housing have the same part numbers. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqL7rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

First off I would like to thank RayS for his time and help in finding me what I needed to get me a snowblower that works with my 3410H. RayS found me a great deal on craigslist for a 1691521 snowblower attachment and then he had the hitch and PTO I needed which I bought off him to get it up and running on my 3410H. After a total of 5 hours of driving last night I got back home and installed it all just in time for the 6" of snow we got today. It works great! Thanks Ray!

quote:
Originally posted by subzero350
First off I would like to thank RayS for his time and help in finding me what I needed to get me a snowblower that works with my 3410H. RayS found me a great deal on craigslist for a 1691521 snowblower attachment and then he had the hitch and PTO I needed which I bought off him to get it up and running on my 3410H. After a total of 5 hours of driving last night I got back home and installed it all just in time for the 6" of snow we got today. It works great! Thanks Ray!
That's what this club's all about!

Question on this snow blower front PTO on my 3410S. Mine is just bare steel on the brake support (pulley disengagement ring). I suspect this should this have brake/friction material? Is mine worn out? If so about how thick is new. The pix shows only a upper and lower quadrant of ?brake material? or was it all the way around. Also the spacer closest to the engine ....is the recess against the crank just to accomodate the crank machined radius. thanks

quote:
Originally posted by dynodave
Question on this snow blower front PTO on my 3410S. Mine is just bare steel on the brake support (pulley disengagement ring). I suspect this should this have brake/friction material? Is mine worn out? If so about how thick is new. The pix shows only a upper and lower quadrant of ?brake material? or was it all the way around. Also the spacer closest to the engine ....is the recess against the crank just to accomodate the crank machined radius. thanks
If I remember correctly there are four pads of friction material on these. They are around an 1/8" thick. The one I have is worn off. I know where there is one NOS and when I get it I will post some dimensions.