Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

36" Tiller - retainer cable & belt stop?

mroman59
Looking at the diagram for rear lift kit 1690404 in the link: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEBGP_eqQ0tG5EPa7mRgtLvBCd6 It appears that the retainer cable on the diagram Fig. 1 looks diff. than the one shown in Fig. 7. Is it just the drawing or is there two different ones? My 7117H tractor does not have a pre-drilled hole for the screw to mount the retainer cable. Is there supposed to be one or is it designed to be drilled after the lift cable is installed? I would like to make my own retainer cable and belt stop. The price of these are ridiculous. I have some looped end wiring at home that I can just bend to the dimensions. The wiring I have is various thicknesses, i.e. between 0.11 to 0.17 in. in thickness. Partstree which is good about giving dimensions on their website has no information for these. Can anyone tell me the approximate dimensions for these and the thickness of the wire? Thanks, MR

mroman59
Ray, did you purchase tractor and tiller together or brand new? I doubt if those parts come with the new tractor when you purchase it. I think they would come with a rear lift kit purchase when you purchase the tiller. If you purchased the tiller used, the seller probably has those parts still on his tractor. If you purchased the tiller new and rear lift kit new, then that is strange that they did not give you the parts. I picked up my tractor separate from my tiller, the rear lift I have is from the DIY page on this forum and I made the clevis also. I purchased the cable only from the Simplicity dealer. Then it broke after one season. However, what you are telling me is that those parts are not needed. Do you use the tillers much? I am just trying to make sure that I have all parts necessary so that my next cable wont break because of some simple missing item. Thanks, MR

jasper
Figure one is a view from the top of the tractor with the seat pan up. Figure seven is a view from under the tractor looking up from the ground. Both of these cable retainers are different. I have them on my tractor (7116 6-speed) but I could not get you info until tomorrow. (2-5-11). PM me your address and i will see what I can find for you. I don't know why your cable broke unless it got caught in something it should not have. And I would think the .017 wire would work to make them from. Bob

RayS
I buy my attachments used. I have only bought the cable new. I probably use the tiller 3 or 4 times in the spring and once or twice in the fall. I bought a cable new in 2003 and haven`t had a problem with it yet and there is none of the wire guides on mine. I am not saying you shouldn`t have them there I just don`t have them on either the Allis 916H or the Deutz Allis 916H. I do have the cable guard on the pulley. Because it kept coming off and getting caught between the pulley and bolt that holds the pulley in place.