Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower for Simplicity Landlord

bgeoffreyburnham

I have a 2001 Simplicity Landlord and am wondering if there is a snowblower attachment that would work with it. I would be very grateful for any model numbers of compatible units. I contacted my "Local" dealer ummmmmm 1 MONTH ago and he said he would get right back to me.. sigh... thanks for your time.. Geoff

I think you need hitch 1692041 for manual lift and then the lift and snowthrower head. It will be different if you have the quick hitch setup... I think it would look like this...

Welcome to the club! Here is the attachment & accessories manual for your tractor. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEDGP_crP6tG6Exj7mRgtLvBCd6

Thanks RayS for the response... however, when I clicked on the link you provided it only opened a single page... do you have a link for the whole brochure? I appreciate the help... Geoff

Its there Geoff, just scroll down. If Ray has the right manual and I bet he does, the 1692041 is the hitch 1691832 I believe is manual lift numbers 1691522 is blower. If you have electric lift then 1692040 and there is a different number for the electric lift bracket...

Hmmmm not sure why it didn't open for me but I suspect its because its the beta version of FireFox and despite repeated attempts, it would only display the front page and nothing else. Sooooo I opened it in Safari ( I am a Mac person) and it opened completely.. thanks for the great information!!! very much appreciated!!! I really like my Landlord but whenever I try to get information from any of the local dealers including the one I bought it from, they act like it was the ugly stepchild... and I get nothing from them.. I tried to two years to get them to order a grass catcher for it without success.. finally I bought a Cyclone rake and am very happy with it but know there are attachments that will work with my Landlord but I have to my own legwork .. thanks again for the help... geoff

My closest dealer 15 miles from me is the same way. He has to order everything. That`s why I drive 22 miles and that dealer usually has what ever you need in stock.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
My closest dealer 15 miles from me is the same way. He has to order everything. That`s why I drive 22 miles and that dealer usually has what ever you need in stock.
I agree with Ray. BTW, welcome. My local dealer actually lets me "brouse his archives" with him. A different dealer in my area will look at you and just shake his head.

Hi guys, I have another question or two... Thanks for Ray for his great help in sending me a link to a Craigslist ad where I was able to purchase a Simplicity blower, hitch and lift assembly. At it turned out, the one I bought was used on a unit with a manual lift, while I have a Landlord with an electric lift... the part number on the sticker on the hitch is 1692622... my questions are these... can this hitch be used with my electric model or do I need additional parts or a completely different hitch? Secondly, even I need a different hitch or parts to adapt this hitch to my model, can this hitch be used as a manual lift UNTIL I get the right additional parts or a completely different hitch? Any help will be appreciated.. thanks for all your great suggestions on this project!! I can send pictures of the hitch and or the blower if that helps Geoff

The manual lift should be able to be used, or, you could get the electric lift parts from the dealer. Its just a small triange pivot and a different lift rod.

Need your assistance again if possible... I am trying to mate the hitch to the tractor, my tractor is a 2001 Landlord, the ID is #1693381, the hitch number is !1692622. This is my problem. When I try to install the hitch, the left side ( as you sit in the tractor) of the hitch is hitting the pulley on the clutch. The right side of the hitch is straight while the left side as a slight bend in it which is what is hitting the pulley... I called a dealer who was willing to help me. He looked up the numbers and told me that the hitch number I gave him is for a much newer tractor and the correct hitch part number I need is 1692041. He is going to see if its still available and what the cost is. Does this sound right to everybody? everything else about the hitch seems to fit correctly... I did buy a new lifting rod and new lift lever extension which I picked up today to change it from a manual lift to a electric lift which is what I have... I even wondered if I was able to bend the bracket out of the way if that might not be all I needed to do to resolve this.. your thoughts??? Thanks Geoff

1692622 has only one hole on the rear mount. 1692041 has 2. The pic I posted is 1692041, it is attached to the manual lift. It would lower the hitch by another inch. Would that give you the clearence needed? If that does it you need a welder to add or possible bolt on an extension...

I can enclose a picture of the rear mounting plate that I have which has two vertical holes, one under the other. One accepts a bolt with a hair pin and a bushing that goes between the frame and the rear support assembly, and the other hole had a bolt through it with a nut and washer. I would enclose a picture I have it but not sure how to do that on this forum as I don't see a way to navigate to a photo to upload.. I do expect that an inch would do it for me, presuming the pulley is NOT supposed to be nestled inside the frame.. Geoff

I am 95 percent positive the hitch is the same except for some mountig holes. Yours was a first and the 2041 came later I think. May be the other way??? Yours is for a regent in that year, the other is for 3 styles... Look at the manual for 1692041, it also attaches to the snowthrower heads in different spots for different units...

Using only the Bottom hole on the rear support assembly, and the top hole on the rear hitch mounting plate, I am able to push the clevis pin through it and it will hold.. do you think this is okay? Should I try to insert the bushing between the plate and rear support assembly to take up the space so there is no movement? I really appreciate your help on this... thanks so much Geoff I can provide my cell phone number or am willing to call you if you think that will help ... if that's allowed Also is there a way to upload a photo to show you ??

Hello and welcome, you have to be a member to load pictures, it only costs ten dollars a year and the membership is priceless. You will not regret membership. Regards, JH

Thanks for the headsup JH, I wasn't aware of that but appreciate you letting me know..have paid my dues via PayPal just now .. I feel I have gotten more than that in great advice ALREADY!!! Geoff

Okay guys.. I am actually coming to the end here now thanks to all the helpful advice given to me... as far as I can see there is only one more issue I have to contend with...and I am hoping someone has a solution...I had to buy a new lift rod for the hydraulic lift to replace the manual lift that came with the blower. The new lift rod did not come with the stop collars or the spring or the assembly that actually attaches the rod to the snowthrower. So I removed it from the old rod. I made some crude measurements of the distance the two stop collar were attached on the old rod, relative to the end of the old rod nearest the blower end. I had to compress the spring with a homemade spring compressor using some pipe vises. However,either my measurements were not right or my theory of taking them off the old rod was incorrect as I was only able to lift the blower off about an inch or less then it moved one of the stop collars off its original mark when I moved the hydraulic control the other direction... soooo my question is does anyone know how I can find the correct spots to put the stop collars with the spring and connector piece ? I know I have asked a lot of questions and I am grateful everyone has been so helpful and patient... I think this is the last issue facing me... I got the auger moving and everything else seems to be correctly installed so hopefully this is it.. thanks again I will include a picture but I still don't see the option for uploading it even though I have paid the annual dues via PayPal, but perhaps there is a waiting period for the change over.... Geoff

Okay Burntime. just so I am clear.. when the snowblower is resting on the ground, the spring should be mounted in such a way as to be slightly compressed... would that be another way of saying it?

Success!!! I want to thank everyone here, especially Burntime and Ray for their invaluable help.. especially Burntime for stressing the concept that " when all else fails, READ THE MANUAL!! in my defense I initially restricted my intense review of the manual to the portions that pertained to the Landlord model which was absent some vital information that WAS contained, as it turned out, in other sections that dealt with two other models in the same manual.. those sections contained really helpful information that apparently applied to all the models but was not repeated in all the sections.. mea culpa ... I finished the job last night and had a grin ear to ear when I fired up the tractor and successfully raised the blower (again tipping my hat to Burntime for his help in adjusting the spring assist on the lifting rod) and lowered it without crashing it and watched the auger spin too.. I even managed to figure out how (or at least one way) to mount the counterweight in the rear.. The one thing I am certain of now, is this: now that I have it up and running I can be sure it won't snow again this season!!! Many thanks again for the great help I got here... as if that point needed any more proof, when I got home from taking my honey out for dinner for Valentine's Day, there was a phone call from the local dealer who was finally calling me back after 7 hours to tell me he had checked with Simplicity and now could confirm that there was NO WAY MY HITCH would work with my model tractor!!! Go figure...maybe I will just send him a video of me shooting snow from it ...thanks guys Geoff

• 11 months later...
Happy New Year to everyone.... well we finally got some snow in Connecticut this week.. this was my first opportunity to try the snow blower that everyone here was so helpful last winter in helping to get it up and working but as I predicted then, we didn't have another snowfall ..figures... .. when I used it initially, I was confused as it was not throwing ANY snow but instead was pushing and shooting it forward... then I realized the augers were spinning in the wrong direction... I checked and reversed the direction of the belt on the pulley on the blower head and tried again.. now I can get snow to blow out but it stopped after a minute or two.. the chute was blocked with snow.. after clearing it, it kept happening over and over again.. after clearing it, I tried spraying some WD40 and another lubricant but it continued to block the chute .. the snow was only about 2-3 inches and was only moderately moist snow...am I correct that this unit is more suited for larger snow and snow that is dryer or are there some suggestions others have come up with to keep the snow from clogging the chute? Thanks Geoff