Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 BGB oil weight?

mroman59

Hey guys what are you using in your BGB in your 7100 series tractors? I was looking at the Transmission & Gearbox Lubrication chart posted under common questions and it list Simplicity multipurpose hydraulic oil. When I was in the dealer last summer the lady pulled out the same chart and told me you use SAE 90 weight. I think she looked in the wrong row. Some one told me that SAE 80-90Wt gear oil is OK and others said just use anything. Thanks MR

I run synthetic Exxon mobile 50wt in my newer 7100's and 75w90 synthetic gear oil in my old fdts and 3300 and 3400's.I have over hauled all my bevel boxes ones and installed synthetic oil. It has done me well.

For 7100 series should be Simp. multi flyid or Allis 821 hyd. fluid I think there may be type F or A tanny fluid also. for 7000 series 90wt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jac
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts