Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mroman59

7117 turnbuckle adjustment?

mroman59
the turnbuckle adjustment just raises or lowers the front of the deck or the blades? you use this to make sure that the front part of the blade is 1/2" higher than the back? Adjusting the turnbuckle should not affect the back end of the blade, right? MR

D-17_Dave
Yes, the front turnbuckles are for fine adjustment of the front of the deck. Make these adjustments on level floor after all the other adjustments are made or after any big changes are made like roller swaps or something.

mroman59
Ray, where did you get that above instruction from? I looked in my 7100 Operators manual, Rotary Mower Operators manual and I can not find the exact wording or procedure for adjusting. I have a 42" deck. MR

RayS
It isn`t the same number as your deck but it is setup the same way and will fit your tractor. I downloaded the manual from Simplicity`s website. I got the numbers from the lnik below. http://simpletractors.com/what_fits/rotary_lawn_mowers.htm Deck manual. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arL0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq