Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Vinnie_A

Metal Cleaning Chemical ?

Vinnie_A
Years ago a friend who owns a machine shop gave me some liquid chemical for cleaning nuts, bolts and did a super job on the b 10 knurled hood bolts. Any idea where to purchase this stuff? Thanks

mroman59
I was in Harbor Freight the other day and they had a gallon container of a product that claims to do what you want. However you have to take the bolts off an soak them overnight. It claims they will be shinny , like new. Next time I am at that store, I am going to look at the product again.

Allis_HB112
I generally just use a good toilet bowl cleaner, such as "Works". Muriatic acid is probably better, as it's usually a stronger acid. Try a little toilet bowl cleaner before you spend some $$$. Rinse well and oil with WD-40 or similar unless it's going straight to paint. I have a cabinet sand blaster at work that I've been using.