Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Metal Cleaning Chemical ?

Vinnie_A

Years ago a friend who owns a machine shop gave me some liquid chemical for cleaning nuts, bolts and did a super job on the b 10 knurled hood bolts. Any idea where to purchase this stuff? Thanks

Someone on here said something about clr I thought? I used electrolysis (sp) on some larger pieces and was amazed! Smaller stuff I usually just go stainless

I was in Harbor Freight the other day and they had a gallon container of a product that claims to do what you want. However you have to take the bolts off an soak them overnight. It claims they will be shinny , like new. Next time I am at that store, I am going to look at the product again.

I generally just use a good toilet bowl cleaner, such as "Works". Muriatic acid is probably better, as it's usually a stronger acid. Try a little toilet bowl cleaner before you spend some $$$. Rinse well and oil with WD-40 or similar unless it's going straight to paint. I have a cabinet sand blaster at work that I've been using.