Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Command 18 Pulse Fuel Pump metal or plastic

hotrodtractor

I am going to get a new fuel pump for my 18hp command and I see two options. Either plastic or metal body pretty much same price. Right now I have one of each on each tractor... is one better than the other? The metal looks a bit nicer but appears to not be OEM. 1. http://cgi.ebay.com/Kohler-Fuel-Pump-24-393-04-491922-10876-/400085953427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d26fb2b93 2. http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Kohler-Fuel-Pump-24-393-16-S-/130475380566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60f04f56

do not have an opinion which one is best. But would recommend putting an electric one on instead and not have the problem again

I've had both over the years. The only one I've ever had to replace was a metal one.. It was on a trade I took in. I knew nothing about it. For whatever that's worth.

John funny part is my metal one is the one I plan to replace as the machine with the plastic one works great. And the metal one had been replaced already an the other is orginal looks like again OEM part is better. Ron would love to hear more about the electric one... part number, link, any how to's.