Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

long time tractor guy, first time poster on simple

ezliving4ume

I have been a member on the mtf for about a year or so and have heard of the great people on this forum so i decided to join this morning. I have a 1983 simplicity 6216 with a tiller, 48"deck, 36" blower. I'll post some pic.'s when i figure it out So hello!

About time you made it over here. Didn't you hear us calling you?:D Seriously, welcome. Tons of info over here and a ton of knowledge. There are a few guys here with the same model you have and have done some cools stuff.

Welcome Richard! You will find the guys on this site are among the best anywhere, always ready to help with problems, and very knowledgeable about Simplicity/Allis equipment. I tell everyone this is the best $10 I ever spent. Look forward to seeing your pics. I have an Allis 810GT which is about the same as a 6010, and have the deck, blower, tiller and push blade for it. Again, welcome!! Steve

Welcome! Hope you find some of the information, banter and humor as enjoyable as I do. Learn many things, and the money is well worth the investment. Always good to have another 6216 around to share ideas, issues and problems with. Still working on finding a tiller. Enjoy!

Welcome to the assylum:D There seems to be more and more folks with the 4000 through 6000 model tractors maybe i need one so I can be more knowlegeable in the conversations.

quote:
Originally posted by sunrunner
Got 3 of the 6216's, a 6218, and a 6516 and a Sunrunner - a tractor for each attachment^ - Glade to see another 6000 user - Chris
A sunrunner, lucky man i would love to have one to play with. I was thinking of putting some ag's, and a plow on one. make a nice firewood carrier.

Since nobody else has told you, you have to be a Member before you can post a picture. Users are not allowed to post pictures or links to pictures. It only costs $10 and is well worth it.

Glad you are here. I have a 6216 1985 dedicated for snow blowing. Not able to use it a lot this year, it doesn't blow 4 inch thick ice. :D larry

John, heres your tiller I believe...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250767700478&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AMOTORS%3A1123

Welcome ezliving; welcome to the club with the greatest members and a wealth of knowledge to share. The turn around/response to question her are second to none better.

• 2 weeks later...
Beut of a 6200....tell me more about the seat - does the arm rests get in the way of movement? My yard does not justify them as I am always turning or reversing and not to many straight aways...

quote:
Originally posted by sunrunner
Beut of a 6200....tell me more about the seat - does the arm rests get in the way of movement? My yard does not justify them as I am always turning or reversing and not to many straight aways...
I haven't had a problem with them getting in the way. They fold up to get on and off the tractor. I am a firm believer in user interface. Comfort is good! The seat also slides front to rear. I didn't even have to drill new mounting holes. The back folds down also which I have found handy when mounting attachment. Nice flat place to put the pins and tools. I think it was 100 at tractor supply When you are operating any form of technology it is best to have good interface devices. If its a computer you want a nice screen, mouse, keyboard because these are the things you touch and see. don't you agree?

Looks like she's dressed up nice and ready for the ball. Echo the welcome call. No better group of folks to listen to your(my) addiction (or if you want to be politically correct - hobby).

Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366(overclocked to 4.3)running smooth ,ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard,Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler,CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600,EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card,Cooler Master HAF 932 Full tower, etc,etc, wireless keyboard and mouse plus a 28 in monitor......I agree!!! Tell me more about your hitch - I have two types for the tiller

one for the leaf cart

and one for the Brinley stuff