Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
914-allis

Snowblower Storage

BrendonV
This spring I'm making a rack to hold everything out of the weather. Not only the Simplicity attachments, but I have a mini skid steer with two buckets, pallet forks, 42" grapple, and some misc things. A simple wash with Simple Green, then coat with silicon spray, wd 40, or Amsoil makes a nice rust preventative I use on undercarriages.

ezliving4ume
I want all the orange stuff in burntime garage! For storage, after a clean up, I'll run it for a few and listen for bad bearings and the like. These blowers sit 80% or so of there life. Then remove it from the tractor, I don't grease before storage but I do inspect all bearing, pulley's etc. Just look it over really well. I would rather fix it in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter. My storage position is blower face down with it hanging by the hitch.

timflury
I apply a coat of wax to the interior surfaces of the blower and impeller leave it sit like that over the summer. I also check out all the wear parts and I make a list of anything I might need for the off season rebuild.