Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Screens in plastic tanks?

larry8200

Any of them I have seen they had them. I break them off and put a inline fuel filter on. My 916H acted as if it was starving for gas. It ended up being that screen was restricted.

I've had the same problem as Ray with them plugging and starving the engine for gas. Good idea to remove them and use an inline filter as well as a shutoff valve.

I cant remember if my 7117 had an inline filter when I purchased it on eBay. I took out the Kohler engine out because it had a blown rod. I sold the engine back to the seller. His hobby was fixing tractors or selling parts on eBay. He was going to part out the engine. I then Repowered it with a 21HP Kawasaki engine that came with inline filter, but I never knew they ever did that to the gas tank. Would the screen be shown in parts manual? Before the spring arrives do you think if I pull out the hose I will find one? Is the hose just like a plug of some sort? Just pop it out and pop it back on. MR

My parts manual for 7112, 7116, and 7117 hydrostatic tractors shows the grommet in the tank and a right angle hose barb, no screen.