Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Willy

Popped A Rod

Willy
This last big storm cost me a 10HP motor. My throttle linkage froze up and the engine would go from wide open to barely run I was headed for the shop to thaw it out I just about made it,but not quite. I have a twin 16 Briggs I will try to install after it warm up a little. The sad part was not only did I have to change the snow thrower from my B-10 to the Big-10 I also had to change the cab. I think it would been easier to swap engines. Oh well I'm ready again for the next storm.

Willy
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Bummer! Your going to put a twin 16 Briggs in the B10?
I plan on attempting to. I'll see how it goes,after I check out the 10 horse,it might not be to bad. It didn't make a lot of noise just a snap,so it might not have torn things up to bad. Hey Bob sounds like you've try this any info would be appreciated. Jim

MrSteele
MAy be just a broken rod, but, while you are there, check the governor, as well. The wide open or barely running sounds like a governor came discombobulated just before she went out.