Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Popped A Rod

Willy

This last big storm cost me a 10HP motor. My throttle linkage froze up and the engine would go from wide open to barely run I was headed for the shop to thaw it out I just about made it,but not quite. I have a twin 16 Briggs I will try to install after it warm up a little. The sad part was not only did I have to change the snow thrower from my B-10 to the Big-10 I also had to change the cab. I think it would been easier to swap engines. Oh well I'm ready again for the next storm.

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Bummer! Your going to put a twin 16 Briggs in the B10?
I plan on attempting to. I'll see how it goes,after I check out the 10 horse,it might not be to bad. It didn't make a lot of noise just a snap,so it might not have torn things up to bad. Hey Bob sounds like you've try this any info would be appreciated. Jim

MAy be just a broken rod, but, while you are there, check the governor, as well. The wide open or barely running sounds like a governor came discombobulated just before she went out.