Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7014 now running! Now it won't stop!

srwven

Well I got the 7014 running, seems the armature was the culprit. Now the damn thing won't shut off when I turn the key. I know I hooked the wires up right, there were only two! There was a bare (ground?) wire that screws in with one of the armature bolts, and a black wire that screws into the block along with the red wire from the points and a black wire that comes off of the insulator strip on the breaker cover that is connected with a white wire (kill wire?) I don't have a wiring diagram or know too much about this, could anyone help, again?

I do not know how the 7014 is set up, but...Most of these have a ground wire that shorts out the spark to the points. Check and see if the ground wire is connected to the. . .what ever is it susposed to be fastened to. If the wire is a solid one and has insulation on it, which it should, it is not uncommon for the manipulation that takes place with removal and replacement to break the wire INSIDE the insulation where it will not show. Hence, no ground and no cutting of the spark. DaleC dale.conrad@fuse.net