• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ezliving4ume

• huffy

• Burntime

• RayS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is more than likely what you are looking for. http://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/2190491682.html Attachment & Accessories for your tractor below. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8.wI6rE8Cvh5kbp796Dq operators manual http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8auM4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Thank you all for your responses. RayS, that one looks interesting, and I must have missed it when I searched Craigslist before. I have a question, though. The operator's manual that I found for my tractor lists the 36" snowthrower as the one to use. The one listed on Craigslist is the 42" model. I'm fairly certain that the 42" model would fit on the tractor, or could be easily modified to fit, but I'm wondering if the 6" difference will make the 42" blower more than the 4211 can handle power-wise. Any thoughts? Thank you, Chris

I have had a few 4111's and 4211's. I would stay with a 36" for your 4211. I was running a 42" on my 14HP Allis and it would sometimes struggle in deep snow even going at it's slowest on the variable drive. I also think the 36" throws the snow a little further. Just my opinion, Kris

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
I have had a few 4111's and 4211's. I would stay with a 36" for your 4211. I was running a 42" on my 14HP Allis and it would sometimes struggle in deep snow even going at it's slowest on the variable drive. I also think the 36" throws the snow a little further. Just my opinion, Kris
I feel that the 36" throws it further as well or atleast that is the way it seems to me.

Here are a couple more. The one below says for a 3000 or 5000 series. Have them send you a picture. The price is right. http://jxn.craigslist.org/grd/2189214155.html This is new but you would need to find a hitch. http://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/2205033910.html

quote:
Originally posted by ezliving4ume
I'll trade heads, I have a 36" head and would like a 42"
that would be perfect, except that Rochester, Indiana's quite a haul from Traverse City.

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
I'll trade heads, I have a 36" head and would like a 42"
that would be perfect, except that Rochester, Indiana's quite a haul from Traverse City.
If you change your mind let me know, if we meet its only 2 1/2 hrs one way. I drove clear to Wisconsin for my tiller. I took some heat from the wife but I still haven't seen one around for $50 O and the head is in great shape. looks good and operates good.

[quoteIf you change your mind let me know, if we meet its only 2 1/2 hrs one way.[/quote] I might take you up on that offer, and will let you know once I've collected all of the parts for the 42" and gotten it installed on my tractor and see how it operates.

If you guys decide to trade, I might be able to help with transportation if timing is not real critical. Angola is right near the Mi/In border. I am in the Traverse City area every couple of months and could take one up and bring the other back. I picked up the snowblower for my 728 in Petoskey. As far as that goes, my son lives in Lafayette and I could get it closer to Rochester on the return leg if that would be of interest.

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
If you guys decide to trade, I might be able to help with transportation if timing is not real critical. Angola is right near the Mi/In border. I am in the Traverse City area every couple of months and could take one up and bring the other back. I picked up the snowblower for my 728 in Petoskey. As far as that goes, my son lives in Lafayette and I could get it closer to Rochester on the return leg if that would be of interest.
This is the best forum every, they even deliever ^

quote:
If you guys decide to trade, I might be able to help with transportation.
Mr. Siebern: That is one very generous offer. Thank you. ezliving: I am pretty certain that I'm going to want to trade. I'm picking the 42" blower up this afternoon. I've ordered a belt and lift lever assembly (thank you, Burntime, for finding that on ebay for me), which should arrive in a few days. And, I still need to track down a few parts to be able to get it operating and try it out. With my luck, by the time I find all of the parts I need and get it put together it'll have stopped snowing for the year.

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
If you guys decide to trade, I might be able to help with transportation.
Mr. Siebern: That is one very generous offer. Thank you. ezliving: I am pretty certain that I'm going to want to trade. I'm picking the 42" blower up this afternoon. I've ordered a belt and lift lever assembly (thank you, Burntime, for finding that on ebay for me), which should arrive in a few days. And, I still need to track down a few parts to be able to get it operating and try it out. With my luck, by the time I find all of the parts I need and get it put together it'll have stopped snowing for the year.
Well you'll have it all set up for next year, Tomorrow is pay day, I'm going to pay my due's and then I can post pictures of the head in question. I maintain my stuff so I know you won't have a problem,O and the head unit has a 7" drive pulley, I was thinking of switching it to a 5 or 6 to throw the snow further. After I post up the pic. I'll PM ya to see if your still interested. And its orange, not black. Rich

That's a nice looking unit. I picked up the 42" thrower Wednesday afternoon. It's in pretty good shape, though there are a few rust spots on it. I think that it was hardly, if ever used, and that the rust spots are simply from it having sat outside for a while. I'll post some close-up picks for you the first chance that I get. My lift rod assembly arrived in the mail yesterday, and hopefully my belt will arrive today or tomorrow. After that, I just need to fashion a lift arm and I should be ready for the next snow. I'm anxious to try this thing out.

quote:
Huffy its alot of funny. It beats a shovel thats for sure!!
Anything's got to be better than a shovel. I moved to northern Michigan about 4 years ago after having grown up in Atlanta, Ga. I lived in a condo for the first few years, and didn't have to worry about clearing the snow. About 2 months ago I bought a house with 7 acres and a fairly long driveway. My dad gave me a 24" Husquavarna walk behind, but that puppy's just not cutting the mustard. By the way, where did you get your wheel weights?

here's a better pic. of the blower head. This pic was take this year I have since added a shovel holder to the blower head. I'll up load some pic. of that tonight. The wheel weights came with the tractor. They are cast iron and are 50 lbs. each. This is my third year with this set up, This year was the first time I thought I needed more weight. For about 2 weeks it snowed or was freezing rain every other day. I have been looking into suitcase weights that I could use on the rear in the winter and switch to the front for tilling in the spring and fall. I don't want to add fluid to the tire because I'm afraid it would make the ag.'s dig into the lawn when I mow. I currently leave the wheel weights on year around.