Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
BrendonV

Trailer Dolly

BrendonV
Anyone ever build a trailer dolly to move trailers around? I know they made a hitch, but I can't imagine putting a sizeable trailer on it. I'd like to be able to move my chipper, and a flat bed trailer around the yard (flat). I was thinking some sort of hitch, with another set of tires touching the ground, that way you can reverse the trailer, without it being a pull behind type like you'd typically see.

midnightpumpkin
I haven't built one, but have thought about it. How about a pair of these on a frame attached to the rear hitch at two points. http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-pneumatic-swivel-caster-38944.html I would want to hook up an electric brake controller if I were to move a heavy trailer, even on the flat. The dolly would be a shortened up version of my leaf vac.

John U

Allis-Chalmers-B-10
you could make something like a semi trailer dolly. all that is is a a frame with a set of tires and a fifth wheel hitch on it, just as you'd find on any semi truck(its basically just the tail end of a semi cut off and a hitch put on it) we have one for our lowboy trailer so we can pull it around with big tractors. I'm sure you could use the basic idea of a semi dolly to make a small trailer dolly. http://www.startlrs.com/images/semi1a.jpg