Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

newer H freewheel decal... sperry rand vickers

sammiefish

can someone post a pic of their freewheel lever and decal from a newer H... when I say newer i mean as close to 1972 i think. my 300;s the lever is at 12 oclock for engauged.. and 2 or 3 oclock for freewheel.. I understand the later models (including the 73 or 74 416H) had the lever at 3 oclock engauged... i need either to make a metal piece or find one for the decal that tells about the in or out and the brake doesnt operate in disengauged...... i hope you know what i mean this is for a 416h i need to replace the handle rod and ive no idea what it looks like...

The decal should be like this one.
[img]http://www.clickitandstickit.com/product_images/q/137/plot__69250_zoom.jpg[/img]
This link shows it as being for an AC 900 series which I belive is in error. http://www.clickitandstickit.com/products/Allis-Chalmers-900-Series-Gear-Shift-Indicator-Decal.html Cory can switch the wording if needed (ie Neutral-Drive).

thats exactly the decal im interested in... BUT!!! I DONT HAVE THE METAL TO STICK IT TOO and pics of the rod if someone has it i want it .. id like pics so i can make the metal to stick it to...

Here's a pic of my 3416 with the "backwards" freewheel lever:

Sorry I don't have a closer shot. I don't believe there's a separate mounting bracket like the older Vickers had; the decal is on the hydro fan housing. Also, I think on this newer style Vickers, the brake worked at all times, even with the freewheel lever in the neutral position.

OK, i see it now... it seems the rod doesnt need to be very far to right to be in Drive... also, now im confused... does someone know for sure if the 416 had the metal plate that the decal stuck to... of did it just stick to the fan housing... I dont see any evidence on mine of it being on the housing but??? and what colors was the 416 decal? blue and black or just black?? or either??

The blue and black is a misprint of the decal. I have seen that type of decal on the later tractor both ways. Either on the plate or fan housing. My HB 212 has a different decal like that on the 3212H and is on the plate.